10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want but not giving him credit for the pass to Cancelo is just silly.

Not only did he put the perfect weight on it and put it in the perfect position for a first time effort but the most impressive part was that he waited for the perfect time to release it when it would have been so tempting to play it one or even two seconds earlier.

That's what playmaking is all about. Cancelo's run deserves credit and their crap defensive line deserves criticism but "the ball don't lie", as they say across the pond.
exactly that was the perfect execution of a pass, I have even seen david silva mess up those passes before. seems like it is clear that some here have an agenda against Jack succeeding. just disappointed in our fans

This season? What makes you think he's suddenly going to start doing something hes never done? His prem league goal ratio is 0.15 a game, 16 goals in 105 games , raz best prem goals is 19 so you think grealish is gonna score 20 this season?
I don’t, Never knew what hole he’s supposed to to fill, direct your anger elsewhere

Genuine question..where did Grealish play for Villa...in what position predominantly?
Where he plays for us. But he was basically given the freedom to roam wherever he wanted and ended up in the 10 position a lot.
Left winger in name only - actually an attacking midfielder.
And more like a free roaming attacking midfielder.

Playing from the left in a counter attacking team in which you have license to improvise is completely different to the role he’s currently asked to play in for us; we’re neutralising what made him unique in the first place.

Not sure what we do with him prefer Foden on the left has the pace to go on the outside or the inside. As with Jack it seems predictable he will want to come inside.

Did well last night,mostly kept the ball in tight areas,while having the attention of a couple of defenders,and brought others into play.A couple of his passes were superb and deserved a better end product,i also thought Cancelo made some poor choices where Grealish was concerned/available.

exactly that was the perfect execution of a pass, I have even seen david silva mess up those passes before. seems like it is clear that some here have an agenda against Jack succeeding. just disappointed in our fans
LOL.

£100M, one killer pass, do not criticize. Got it!

What was that you said about you being disappointed in our fans? Haha! Good one.

Did well last night,mostly kept the ball in tight areas,while having the attention of a couple of defenders,and brought others into play.A couple of his passes were superb and deserved a better end product,i also thought Cancelo made some poor choices where Grealish was concerned/available.
Careful, you’ll throw your back out!!!

In place of who?
In place of no one in this current false 9 formation. That's what it is. Currently he's giving us a square peg round hole situation, because we have better players in each position under this formation. Honestly, I thought when we bought him we are going to utilise him as how he played in Villa. Free to roam from the left, like a left-lying playmaker if ever there was a term. I still believe that he's being instructed to stick with playing wide, which makes it harder for him to get into the box left-side, where he's mostly operated for Villa's 4-2-3-1 formation.

EDIT:
Now that I have a rethink, we might have bought him with the expectation that we were also getting a striker. Now that we aren't, a false 9 would require a wider front 3, instead of Villa's compact 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.