10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that expects to see the best of Grealish and see what long term position he ends up in, hasn’t been watching us and our new signings since Pep arrived.
I’ll re visit this thread in 12 months.

Why Mahrez & Sterling on the bench with a striker taking their position?

Don’t know what you are asking , we don’t have a striker and what has that to do with Grealish assimilating into the team.

I mean Pep has managed Mahrez for few seasons and didn't improve him.

With Raheem its mixed results.

Foden has owned the LW position and I don't think Grealish can compete with him for LW.

Maybe Pep should look for another position for Grealish.

Foden has owned the LW position and I don't think Grealish can compete with him for LW.

Maharez has inproved, Sterling did, but either form or confidence is shot. Grealish IMO will end up in a central position, then again so will Foden. In a couple of years can see our midfield 3 being Rodri, Foden Grealish.

Utter nonsense on both counts. Mahrez last season was streets ahead of his performances in 2018/19.

Likewise compare Sterling’s abject first season performances under Pellegrini to 2017-2020 under Pep where he scored for fun? His current struggles don’t erase his prior achievements with us.

FWIW I do still think we’ll see Grealish move inside next year in a similar progression path to Bernardo.

Grealish has at times appeared a little predictable in the inverted winger role as have Sterling and Mahrez. The thing that gives me no doubt at all he will shine for us is his decision making and calmness on the ball. He generally chooses and executes the right pass and in tight spaces sometimes sees passes no one else does. In this he is night and day compared with Sterling.

Easy to execute a pass when the pass is either side ways or backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.