10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not talking about the changes, I'm talking about Jack playing his true position..

It's like playing Rodri as a False9 or RCM / LCM and complaining that he isn't good enough :D Of course Rodri isn't good enough there and needs to play as a DM..

If you play Messi as LB - he won't be able to prove - why he is the best in the world.
Same applies to Jacky here..

I mean I'd accept your argument, maybe not agree 100%, but accept it - if the video you posted didn't start with a minute's worth of highlights of Jack cutting in off the left wing. Solo highlights don't paint the full picture.

The full picture is he's not up to speed yet, and isn't quite on the same page as the rest of the players that are already established around him. That is going to take time, and I'm sure Pep will give him his shot, in the positions he needs, as and when Jack shows the signs that he's getting there.

We need to be patient.

I feel like it's more lazy to say "oh he's gonna grow into the team like mahrez did" than to say he hasn't been good enough

I just don't see the similarities with mahrez.. when mahrez started here I saw a player capable of magic, I saw a player with a wicked left foot, I saw a player with incredible technique, but I also saw a player who failed to make the right runs, failed to place himself in the right position, failed to pick the right sort of tempo needed for the game we play at the right moment, a player that sometimes rushes and sometimes plays too slowly.

with jack.. I don't see anything! he's not a good dribbler, his passes are all backwards, he is not quick enough with his feet, his touch is wrong, his shooting's bad, he basically never produces moment of individual brilliance or magic, ever! in his 3 months he's done that once, in the first match vs leipzig. these are the prerequisites to being a manchester city player, these aren't the sort of things you learn from pep guardiola..

I just don't see the mahrez comparisons at all and i'd love for someone to correct me, i really wanna know what i'm missing.

For Villa his dribbling was great, his passes especially last season were creative and incisive, his first touch very good and, although he was never a prolific goalscorer, he was a scorer of a modest number of often quite lovely goals.

He took risks, he drove forward, he could change a game, could inspire a win.

No reason to think he can't be that same player or better for us, with better quality teammates and coach. But as we've seen time and again, joining City is a big change and it takes time to adjust. It may be harder for Grealish than some others because he's been at one club his whole life and never played with players of this quality other than some in the national team.

Move our best player to accommodate this clown? Don’t be silly, he has talent, but fuck me, he so far off what we need currently. I’ve been critical but positive. But he’s going backwards..
There is no one to move..

The only decent LCM we have right now is Gundogan, who has no backup..
Bernardo is shite there and Pep rarely plays Foden there as well..

And Gundogan always has some injury problems or situations..

So Jack could be an asset there..

I'm 99.999% sure that starting from the next season he will be playing there.. I don't think Pep bought him to play LW - when he had Foden and Sterling there.. It's illogical..

On the other hand we definitely needed replacement for David Silva starting from the last season and it was obvious that Gundogan needed replacement / backup as well, as he is turning 32 soon..

That's why club payed 100m, he is the future of our midfield :)

So, let's fasten the seatbelts like Pep says and enjoy Jack's development.. I don't understand all the negative comments here :(

Some of you lot never learn and it's funny as fuck.
its not about that....of course he will get better (or he should do) BUT its a thread to discuss his performances at present. .......which arent always at the level we need. Its not unfair or incorrect to comment on that.
Newxt year this could be a thread about the best player at the club but it doesnt mean those saying he isnt playing well now are wrong.

For Villa his dribbling was great, his passes especially last season were creative and incisive, his first touch very good and, although he was never a prolific goalscorer, he was a scorer of a modest number of often quite lovely goals.

He took risks, he drove forward, he could change a game, could inspire a win.

No reason to think he can't be that same player or better for us, with better quality teammates and coach.
i'd love to see that! that's what I think we were getting too. who knows, might be a confidence thing. it sure is for raz, when his confidence's up suddenly his technical side is a lot better too.

Lots said Fernando, etc we’re. shite. They were right:. Grealish isn’t only struggling he is regressing. I didn’t understand the hype at Villa, nothing i’ve seen changes that. He’s a long way behind all our other forwards.
Fernando supposedly has been one of sevillas best players past couple of years. Didn't workout but was never poor.

Quite evident he is finding it hard to fit into the side. False nine does not suit him and I think his best position is on the left, but he needs to move the ball quicker and try and take players on more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.