10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, but if you see Ederson playing as a LW - you first of all ask why is he playing there and not criticize - for not being as good LW as good GK he is..

Context is more important than just the end result and people are concentrating on the result only, which is irrelevant if we don't consider the context first of all.

And context is that, Jack isn't playing the position he is good at..
False 9 ? Has he ever played there in Villa ?

LW ? he played deeper than that and creating chances for the attackers..

So when you have all the above mentioned information and still cry about "Jack being not that great against Brentford" - means that you just don't want to analyze the game better and be logical about it.
It's hardly comparable to playing ederson on the wing given he's played his entire career as a left midfielder. Granted we ask ours to do different things but that's true for everyone.

Acting like we're asking him to play centre back is way off, he's playing in the position most similar to what he's used to that we have available. Fact is it doesn't matter what he ws good at at villa, we don't play in a manner he was used to at villa, we never will and if we did we have as many as 4/5 players that would do that role better anyway. Like all players he's expected to adapt, he will be given time to do so but it will be from the bench until he starts doing it.

You suggesting his position is as an 8 is complete guesswork and not as factual as you are making out. Maybe it will be his future, I'm not saying it is or isn't but its not his present, he's never played there and Pep very obviously doesn't want him there right now. Nobody knows why but from my eyes I can see 2 very obvious reasons not to play him there, his lack of defensive work would expose us badly if he played there and our game would grind to a halt often as he carries it for longer than neccesary.

Can't be too critical tonight. Yes he was quiet but not like he did alot wrong. One of them games where the majority were average or below. Keep the faith guys, Jack will come good. If Pep believes in him then why shouldn't we?

Where is this „ we bought him to play LCM in the future „ coming from? I highly doubt that we gonna play with him there + KDB. Rather see a Balanced Player like Gundogan or Bernardo who runs a lot.

For Villa his dribbling was great, his passes especially last season were creative and incisive, his first touch very good and, although he was never a prolific goalscorer, he was a scorer of a modest number of often quite lovely goals.

He took risks, he drove forward, he could change a game, could inspire a win.

No reason to think he can't be that same player or better for us, with better quality teammates and coach. But as we've seen time and again, joining City is a big change and it takes time to adjust. It may be harder for Grealish than some others because he's been at one club his whole life and never played with players of this quality other than some in the national team.
He can’t be that player here though because we don’t want him to drive the ball forward, we are already in the final third most of the game and he is very poor in the final third, he does nothing and can’t beat his man.

He is a good dribbler when he is driving the ball forward but he has been very poor for us when he has to beat his man from a standing position.

I think he is a good player in his own right and can be very good in a mid table side where he is running the show. I just don’t think he can be a forward in a top team because he is not aggressive enough in the final third

I am rooting for him to do well for multiple reasons. Isn't happening yet though

But who really has come in and lit it up in year one for Pep? Our three best players this year have been Little Silva, Cancelo, and Rodri.

Certainly not them, and same with several others.

Jack looks like he's still coming to terms with being a small fish in a bigger pond. It'll probably take a year - just like it did for rodri and Mahrez.
Stop comparing him to Mahrez. Mahrez was always doing too much while Grealish does nothing in the game.

Has Grealish ever beat a premier league defender for us when they were both standing still ?

He is not Messi and I think it is harsh for us to expect him to dribble through the brentford defence because they had like 8 in the box, but he had been poor for us and never tries to force himself into the opponents box.

Bang average, a season of settling in is understandable in this team with the demands but the lack of urgency in him for me is very concerning.

He looks totally lost at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.