10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing you must know though, as a city fan, is that Foden’s played almost all his youth as a central midfielder. Pep’s developed him higher and wider up the pitch but he’s not your classic winger.

I personally think it’s inevitable that Foden, in 10 years time, will have played most of his senior career as a central midfielder. He’s going to be the number one playmaker in our side and he’s going to central to everything we do. He’s way more likely to play in central midfield than Grealish (although I can see Jack occasionally dropping deeper and playing this role when required for squad rotation).

And what does ballon d’ors have to do with anything Phil Foden or Man City want to do?!
I agree with that and TBF - I was expecting Pep to play him that midfield role since like always and I couldn't understand why he played as a LW, but then he started to develop as one of the best LWs of the league and everything went perfect since then for Pep, for team and especially for Phil.

So, that's why I think Pep has no intention to play him as a midfielder.

As for the Jack, mark my words -> he either plays as a midfielder or he will be a 100m flop sold for 15-20-25m to Newcastle or some third-tier shitty teams in 2-3 seasons time :(

Bernardo was valued 40m this summer according to the rumors we read, but now he is invaluable.

That's the reality. He will never make as a winger in Pep`s team.. and I don't think scouts and Pep and Txiki didn't know about that when they were signing him.

That's why I expect Jack to be playing midfield position starting from the next season..

He was a member of a local astronomy club and than he moved to work for NASA.
On a serious note, he is playing 20 yards too high up the pitch and his ability to run up at the defenders ends up with him running horizontally across the pitch, losing all his effectiveness because of lack of space. Pep is not relenting so far when he puts him on, so it is going to be make or break for Jack. There is a red pill and there is a blue pill, so it 's up to him - Riyad had the same problems put in front of him and he took the challenge with gusto.

I mean I'd accept your argument, maybe not agree 100%, but accept it - if the video you posted didn't start with a minute's worth of highlights of Jack cutting in off the left wing. Solo highlights don't paint the full picture.

The full picture is he's not up to speed yet, and isn't quite on the same page as the rest of the players that are already established around him. That is going to take time, and I'm sure Pep will give him his shot, in the positions he needs, as and when Jack shows the signs that he's getting there.

We need to be patient.
It was the same goal from different angles for the first minute

I ain’t bashing Grealish but he’s not good enough to be our long term front 3 solution, he’s learning the system right now and will then be moved deeper later. Perhaps Pep thinks we can’t afford to risk playing him deep yet as if he loses possession the opposition or onto heart of our defence. Once Jack proves he can play the system he will move into a deeper central role and thrive

This is my opinion not fact

He was a member of a local astronomy club and than he moved to work for NASA.
On a serious note, he is playing 20 yards too high up the pitch and his ability to run up at the defenders ends up with him running horizontally across the pitch, losing all his effectiveness because of lack of space. Pep is not relenting so far when he puts him on, so it is going to be make or break for Jack. There is a red pill and there is a blue pill, so it 's up to him - Riyad had the same problems put in front of him and he took the challenge with gusto.

I agree with this assessment but Mahrez has higher technical ability than Grealish, which is why I worry Grealish will just never be as effective as I’m not sure he has the ability to change his game that way. I of course hope I’m wrong!

He always had loads of time & space at Villa as sides didn't defend with 10 men against them.
Playing against stacked defences doesn't help his natural game but he needs to work in the space he's got now, like Phil does

He's not the same player we saw at Villa....the maverick,game changing,free spirit,who gathered fouls for fun.
Pep has altered his game and his role,he has demanded a discipline and a safety first approach,which is in keeping with our slow build up/possession based style.
Jack is clearly still learning how to adapt and what is expected of him......it will take a bit of getting used to and,in the short time,he may continue to look a tad lost and uncomfortable.

Personally,i'm not sure why we bought him if the intention was to put the brakes on and remove his magic......there are plenty of other midfielders who could have performed that role for a fraction of the cost.
think that sums up my feelings on him

He's not the same player we saw at Villa....the maverick,game changing,free spirit,who gathered fouls for fun.
Pep has altered his game and his role,he has demanded a discipline and a safety first approach,which is in keeping with our slow build up/possession based style.
Jack is clearly still learning how to adapt and what is expected of him......it will take a bit of getting used to and,in the short time,he may continue to look a tad lost and uncomfortable.

Personally,i'm not sure why we bought him if the intention was to put the brakes on and remove his magic......there are plenty of other midfielders who could have performed that role for a fraction of the cost.

Spot on as are a lot of your other posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.