10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big chance in 1st half - from KDB's rainbow cross - is not completely Grealish's fault.

If you rewatch that clip and compare to other KDB's similar cross, the difference is that this time the ball travelled slower than usual and turned more inside. Obviously due to the heavy rain on the grass. Grealish first made the run more to the left side and when he saw the pass turned more inside, he had to shift a step to the right and had to slow down thus resulted in a bad first touch. At that point the 100% chance is already killed by half.

At that moment KDB realised Grealish awkward situation and made an overlapping run to left wing. A better and more patient handling would be Grealish holding the ball and passing to overlapping KDB. But Grealish chose to shoot - perhaps due to heavy scoring pressure.

Will a natural striker handling this situation better than Grealish - a midfielder - yes. I wish to see Delap getting more chances this season or sign a striker in the summer!

Last edited:
Good play for the penalty, otherwise distinctly average and another to add to the instantly forgettable performance pile. wasted 2/3 incredibly good chances/situations first half which is currently his biggest flaw, there's just no end product when there has to be. Meanwhile on the opposite flank, mahrez is generally far less involved as we base most of our attacks down the left yet he bags himself 2 goals and an assist without really being all that great himself. That's what he needs to be doing.

He was my pick for MotM today at the game.

Got home and checked who scored.com and funnily enough he top scored on there, just ahead of Mahrez who was credited with two goals and an assist, which would usually be enough to be MotM based on statistics.

I bet Pep was delighted with Grealish.

This thread constantly proves how little people really see or understand and still after five years don't really get what Pep is doing.

The big chance in 1st half - from KDB's rainbow cross - is not completely Grealish's fault.

If you rewatch that clip and compare to other KDB's similar cross, the difference is that this time the ball travelled slower than usual and turned more inside. Obviously due to the heavy rain on the grass. Grealish first made the run more to the left side and when he saw the pass turned more inside, he had to shift a step to the right and had to slow down thus resulted in a bad first touch. At that point the 100% chance is already killed by half.

At that moment KDB realised Grealish awkward situation and made an overlapping run to left wing. A better and more patient handling would be Grealish holding the ball and passing to overlapping KDB. But Grealish chose to shoot - perhaps due to heavy scoring pressure.

Will a natural striker handling this situation better than Grealish - a midfielder - yes. I wish to see Delap getting more chances this season or sign a striker in the summer!

Geez, how many logins have you got?

Got home and checked who scored.com and funnily enough he top scored on there, just ahead of Mahrez who was credited with two goals and an assist, which would usually be enough to be MotM based on statistics.

This thread constantly proves how little people really see or understand and still after five years don't really get what Pep is doing.

He really kicked on in the second half.

Reactions: OB1

Yeah,he’s world class.

Top post OB1

Reactions: OB1

When did whoscored. Com become the definitive proof of anything? I regularly see their teams of the weekend rightly mocked. They've also got Kyle walker as the second worst outfield player on the pitch for us which is of course total and utter horseshit by any definition.

All I actually said was he was wasteful, which is outright undeniable and other than that it was a run of the mill unremarkable performance where he didn't do much aside from the penalty. Anybody would think I've just written him off as a shit Fred by some of these responses.

I said pretty much the same about our entire front line today, even mahrez who scored 2 and got an assist, with no real objections, nobody deeming it negative, or claiming some batshit mental agenda against one of our own players. We just seemingly have a weird group of fans that want to over praise Grealish for every touch for some reason, and anything other than gushing praise is labelled as writing off their entire career already. I get it infront of opposition fans, but its just bizarre on here and rivals the Algerians with Mahrez.

When did whoscored. Com become the definitive proof of anything? I regularly see their teams of the weekend rightly mocked. They've also got Kyle walker as the second worst outfield player on the pitch for us which is of course total and utter horseshit by any definition.

All I actually said was he was wasteful, which is outright undeniable and other than that it was a run of the mill unremarkable performance where he didn't do much aside from the penalty. Anybody would think I've just written him off as a shit Fred by some of these responses.

I said pretty much the same about our entire front line today, even mahrez who scored 2 and got an assist, with no real objections, nobody deeming it negative, or claiming some batshit mental agenda against one of our own players. We just seemingly have a weird group of fans that want to over praise Grealish for every touch for some reason, and anything other than gushing praise is labelled as writing off their entire career already. I get it infront of opposition fans, but its just bizarre on here and rivals the Algerians with Mahrez.

Most of my post was making points not necessarily aimed at you but I disagreed with your opinion that Jack's performance was mostly distinctly average. I considered that he had a good game in the context of what his manager wants from him. If he wants to come on here and tell me that I am wrong, fair enough. I don't doubt that he would have preferred Jack to have buried that early chance even with his wrong foot.

Whoscored.com's scoring isn't to be taken as definitive but it's a useful barometer if you take into account its biases. The fact that it uses statistics often gives it an objectivity that supporters often lack.

The number to times people make comments that are simply at odds with the metrics of a players' or team's performance are legion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.