10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's making steady improvements every match. Takes time to slot in with the team and yes, absolutely, I want to see him taking some of these chances.

But I see quality and value in what he's doing right now (retaining possession, creating space, link-up play getting better all the time), as well as a promising attitude (he never hides, even when things aren't going his way, and seems genuinely open to being coached and instructed) and glimpses of what he might bring to us in the future (that direct dribbling).

I trust Pep and believe in his plan for him, and that giving him game-time right now is both because he's doing what's asked of him and because it's building the understanding and relationships and confidence that he's going to need to push on further.

Off the pitch, I love seeing our players do stuff like this...

I think he's making steady improvements every match. Takes time to slot in with the team and yes, absolutely, I want to see him taking some of these chances.

But I see quality and value in what he's doing right now (retaining possession, creating space, link-up play getting better all the time), as well as a promising attitude (he never hides, even when things aren't going his way, and seems genuinely open to being coached and instructed) and glimpses of what he might bring to us in the future (that direct dribbling).

I trust Pep and believe in his plan for him, and that giving him game-time right now is both because he's doing what's asked of him and because it's building the understanding and relationships and confidence that he's going to need to push on further.

If he had scored yesterday from the couple of oppotunities he had, then it would have been a performance which probably would have really pleased Pep. As it was he seemed happy enough when Grealish went off the pitch.

The manager I suspect is happier with Jack than a number of our supporters .

That's fucking adorable. Genuinely lovely moment. For what its worth, I have a really good mate who is a producer at City, and he filmed his welcome to City video. He said he was a ridiculously friendly and polite guy. Dead easy to chat to, and he took interest in everyone he met. Yeah he can be a bit of a party boy, but most importantly he has manners and is nice to everyone. Good on him. Seems a genuine fella.

That's fucking adorable. Genuinely lovely moment. For what its worth, I have a really good mate who is a producer at City, and he filmed his welcome to City video. He said he was a ridiculously friendly and polite guy. Dead easy to chat to, and he took interest in everyone he met. Yeah he can be a bit of a party boy, but most importantly he has manners and is nice to everyone. Good on him. Seems a genuine fella.

Doesn't fit with his image though @twosips which is what certain detractors want to believe.

Shame but it seems that BM likes to have players to attack.

Doesn't fit with his image though @twosips which is what certain detractors want to believe.

Yeah, it's a real shame. I think people mistake 'likes a party' as rude and arrogant for some reason. He absolutely isn't. It's literally one of my best friends who told me this who I consider a genuinely good judge of character. He's just a dead normal lad who likes a bit of fun and likes a laugh. Can be a bit annoying of course when you need someone to be really mature and focused, but he's clearly not a bad person. The two things are entirely different.

I feel I should add that while City have a nice squad, it really isn't the norm that all the players are as nice and him. Many are very much 'get in, do the filming, get out'. Polite, but aloof. With a few, it becomes a conversation. Zinny is another, KDB too. Jack the friendliest alongside Zinny, apparently.

Reactions: Ric

Although I don’t rate him particularly highly I said before we signed him I know someone who is very good friends with jack. Grealish gave him 10k to help fund an operation for his knee the guy didn’t even ask him for it he just donated it to his JustGiving page. He really is a decent bloke and I hope he has a great career with us

Yeah, it's a real shame. I think people mistake 'likes a party' as rude and arrogant for some reason. He absolutely isn't. It's literally one of my best friends who told me this who I consider a genuinely good judge of character. He's just a dead normal lad who likes a bit of fun and likes a laugh. Can be a bit annoying of course when you need someone to be really mature and focused, but he's clearly not a bad person. The two things are entirely different.

I feel I should add that while City have a nice squad, it really isn't the norm that all the players are as nice and him. Many are very much 'get in, do the filming, get out'. Polite, but aloof. With a few, it becomes a conversation. Zinny is another, KDB too. Jack the friendliest alongside Zinny, apparently.
you only have to see zinchenko feed the dogs before the games to see he is a fucking top bloke. Love the guy

It does fit with how his (club and international) teammates and the people who work alongside him have always talked about him though.

At Villa he was well known for going above and beyond for fans (especially kids, especially people with disabilities, but actually anyone really). Not just the stuff that they all have to do, but things like staying longer than scheduled at hospital visits, following up with people he'd met to send them signed merch or invite them for stadium hospitality or to arrange to visit them again, keeping in touch and still sending them private messages of support or responding to them on social media months or years later, spending his own money on crowd funders and gifts.

It was always known among Villa fans that you could reach out to Jack or his family and he'd always have time for you and do what he could.

Giving away half his kit after every match is just the tip of the iceberg of the stuff that he does for fans, but it's not something he particularly draws attention to so you only really see it when the fans decide to share it.

The bloke likes a party and some of his past actions have been thoughtless and reckless and rightfully criticised, but by all accounts of people who've actually met him he's got a heart of gold.

The biggest issue with Jack is his £100mil price tag, if we’d signed him for £60/70mil no one would have had a problem, and I also think he’d have settled in easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.