10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to pretend I don't worry for his health/fitness/form that he's seemingly such a fan of a drink. Not fussed about our players having a night out (in line with covid rules etc.) - they're human and it's how many of us unwind - but the effects of heavy drinking impact their job more than is the case for most of us.

But he's surrounded by City people in that video and I trust that they'd curtail any seriously reckless or damaging behaviour.

Going to take my cue from Pep on this one. If he's okay with it, I am too. If it's a disciplinary issue then it's cause for concern.

Last edited:
Just seen the video and he's so drunk he can hardly stand up and is out of it. Obviously it's his night off but getting this wankered can't be good for a professional sportsman. If he was ripping up trees on the pitch people would probably turn a blind eye but he isn't so the accusation that he isn't professional or dedicated enough will get levelled at him.

I remember when Ricky Hatton was world champion. Sugar Ray Leonard was asked about him. He said he was a great fighter but his lifestyle of binging between fights wasn't sustainable. You were either a professional sportsman or you weren't. He was right.

Just seen the video and he's so drunk he can hardly stand up and is out of it. Obviously it's his night off but getting this wankered can't be good for a professional sportsman. If he was ripping up trees on the pitch people would probably turn a blind eye but he isn't so the accusation that he isn't professional or dedicated enough will get levelled at him.

I remember when Ricky Hatton was world champion. Sugar Ray Leonard was asked about him. He said he was a great fighter but his lifestyle of binging between fights wasn't sustainable. You were either a professional sportsman or you weren't. He was right.
Good analogy, what I think is Jack Grealish just can’t take his drink, I have a mate who is the same two vodka and cokes and he’s drunk for some reason, when we all go out we just don’t get it and neither does he the next day.

Good analogy, what I think is Jack Grealish just can’t take his drink, I have a mate who is the same two vodka and cokes and he’s drunk for some reason, when we all go out we just don’t get it and neither does he the next day.

Yes the others looked okay but he was wankered. If you were a genius like Best or Gascoigne you could get away with it as you often produced on the day, so far Jack hasn't really. I see a swift parting of the ways if it continues.

Yes the others looked okay but he was wankered. If you were a genius like Best or Gascoigne you could get away with it as you often produced on the day, so far Jack hasn't really. I see a swift parting of the ways if it continues.
I’d agree with you about swift parting of ways’ if it was his 3rd or 4th season with us, it’s his first so can’t see it happening. Someone other than Pep may have to sit him down and ask him if he’s considered quitting drinking because this getting drunk is a real bad look for the club.

I’d agree with you about swift parting of ways’ if it was his 3rd or 4th season with us, it’s his first so can’t see it happening. Someone other than Pep may have to sit him down and ask him if he’s considered quitting drinking because this getting drunk is a real bad look for the club.

The thing is it's his big dream move. He's at Man City, the best club side domestically for the last ten years. He's playing for Pep, one of the best managers; n the world and it's all set up for him. It's his first season, the one players want to impress and show their worth. If and obviously we could be wrong, he's falling off the rails in this season then I don't see Pep suffering it.

It crossed my mind that. With so many city people around him on the vid you'd assume he hadn't been sat necking shots beforehand (although that's how it looks), and it might have been more of a situation where someone seems to get really wankered really quickly out of nowhere (like drinking on an empty stomach or after some strenuous exercise).

I've got a mate the same as yours, 2 or 3 pints and he's gone. Big guy as well so you'd think he might be able to absorb it better, but never has and doubt he ever will be able to handle it

Looks like he's got some white stuff round his mouth on the pics. Looks really weird all round, needs to get a grip if you ask me. I could excuse him if he's been excellent on the pitch so far this season, but he's a mountain of work in front of him to not get labelled a 100m flop

For a player that is blowing out of his arse after 70 mins not sure getting in this state will help him ,wasn't expecting him to rip it up this season but you would think maybe 1 motm performance might be expected .on current form not are best wide player and behind Bernardo KDB and foden in the creative department probably on a level with Palmer at the moment , frustrating player to watch maybe diving at villa was a tactic to take pressure off or for set pieces but doesn't need to do it at city .As my old school report used to say must do better !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.