10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club must have carried out due diligence before transferring Grealish. He was out getting pissed at Villa so why would he be any different now?

1st season with a huge fee on his back. For those 2 reasons he should be cut some slack. Next season if he has still not settled and is out on the lash then maybe we have a problem. Young lad out enjoying himself is not news. Eventually, he will settle down.

On the pitch, Jack is doing ok. Not great but also not awful.
The problem is he is a very high profile player/person, he has to learn to be far more discrete, if not this won't end well for him.

Apparently one of our greats Spanish Dave liked a drink or three, but only a select few knew, he was as smart off the pitch as on it, Mr Grealish needs to learn both these traits.

I have some sympathy for players these days as it must be shit to be filmed everywhere you go, regardless of how much you earn.

But as a general rule, if you can’t handle your drink then you need to scale it back. And unfortunately it’s not a good look for a player routinely blowing out of his arse after the first half hour of every game.

What a bullshit thing to say , city fans care and more importantly pep cares , it was only a few weeks back pep dropped him from the squad for turning up to training still pissed/rough as fuck . We have a big game tomorrow night, city have invested hundreds of millions of pounds into him and he’s essentially making himself unavailable for selection due to his antics off the field .

Look at Walker and mahrez nothing wrong with going out and enjoying a drink , they even look as if they want fuck all to do with him .

I love jack as a player but he really needs to fix up and get his head screwed on as pep won’t stand for it . He mentions all the time it’s not just down to what you do on the pitch but also off it . It’s a big thing to him to be professional at all times
Let's face it.... He's a pisshead having the time of his life on more money than he's ever dreamed of.
He's not a good "professional" in any sense of the word. He's a waster on his way out if he doesn't wake up soon.
That's why I'm not worried about what he does off the pitch. If he's OK to play according to the coaching team, then fine. If he's not, they won't play him. The simple fact is that he won't be able to keep it up for long and he'll be gone.

Waster Jack is newspaper fodder. A gift to the paparazzi. He's at last chance saloon, and I couldn't give a toss whether he stays at City or not.

I thought we did a full character check on our players, he needs to sort his shit out pronto before he has a negative affect on other players and the squad performances.

We don't need any bad eggs in the dressing room.

Let's face it.... He's a pisshead having the time of his life on more money than he's ever dreamed of.
He's not a good "professional" in any sense of the word. He's a waster on his way out if he doesn't wake up soon.
That's why I'm not worried about what he does off the pitch. If he's OK to play according to the coaching team, then fine. If he's not, they won't play him. The simple fact is that he won't be able to keep it up for long and he'll be gone.

Waster Jack is newspaper fodder. A gift to the paparazzi. He's at last chance saloon, and I couldn't give a toss whether he stays at City or not.

that’s a bit extreme. Sounds like you didn’t like him anyway.

he could easily be one of the most professional/ best trainers at the club. Unless your involved in training you wouldn’t know

Last edited:
I knew walker would be involved
Walker and mahrez look fine so a bit harsh to say that. Grealish can barely stand there is nothing wrong with the players going out but drinking so much you can barely stand is obviously ridiculous for a professional athlete.

Always surprised and disappointed by the moral outrage at footballers getting pissed. Doing it on your day off and if it doesn’t impact your profession, crack on, as does a significant majority of the population. If it was one of your mates youd think it was funny and never think anything of it. Suddenly because hes a footballer he owes it to the fans to live an insulated life dedicated to his profession. No one else gets held to the same expectations.

Its his life, his body, his career. We knew perfectly well when we signed him, he wasnt going to be a hermit. A young lad living a life he dreamed of as a kid and enjoying himself.

His worth is his physical prowess in his chosen sport, not selling insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.