10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He never really comtributed defensively for villa not to mention we play at a much higher intensity and tempo. Also as he gets older his body will obviously slow as a result of the damage he is doing to himself. See joe hart, Rooney, Andy Carroll, wilshire etc

Not disagreeing he needs to be careful but he was brilliant for Villa, he defended from the front by driving at the opposition.

He never really comtributed defensively for villa not to mention we play at a much higher intensity and tempo. Also as he gets older his body will obviously slow as a result of the damage he is doing to himself. See joe hart, Rooney, Andy Carroll, wilshire etc

unless he’s a full blown alcoholic can’t see it doing much damage long term

the examples you’ve given aren’t great either.

wilshire - injury ruined him not drinking
Andy carrol- same
Rooney - had 13 years at the top and a career better then most would dream of
Joe hart isn’t a big drinker

unless your just saying as you get older you get injured more?

david silva apparently used to go out and get pissed/ drink everyone under the table. Would you say he’s not professional.

ive seen others in alderly edge drinking/ getting tipsy aswell. I think it’s fairly common.
I said earlier about Silva, but he did it discretely, a very big difference and more importantly he performed to the highest standards on the pitch.

Grealish is far more high profile off the pitch, he needs to wise up, quickly, until he starts to perform he needs to very much keep his head down.

unless he’s a full blown alcoholic can’t see it doing much damage long term

the examples you’ve given aren’t great either.

wilshire - injury ruined him not drinking
Andy carrol- same
Rooney - had 13 years at the top and a career better then most would dream of
Joe hart isn’t a big drinker

unless your just saying as you get older you get injured more?
Rooney could have been even better than he was he also declined alarmingly quickly.
I would wager carrol and wilshire got injured frequently due to their lifestyles. Stones for example has had a better injury record since he sorted his life out and cut out the bad lifestyle.

I don’t think there is a real link with age and injury, look across all sports there is players all over playing longer than ever before. A large reason for this is these players treat their bodies like temples. Just look at ronaldo and tom Brady (two extreme examples) and look at their diets. Food and nutrition plays a huge role in player performance.

Binge drinking is also incredibly damaging to the body god knows what it does to an athletes performance levels etc.

that’s a bit extreme. Sounds like you didn’t like him anyway.

he could easily be one of the most professional/ best trainers at the club. Unless your involved in training you wouldn’t know
I do like Jack the player. I don't like Jack the waster.
If you go to my original post, you'll see that I've already answered your second paragraph.
His private life is none of our business.

The problem is he is a very high profile player/person, he has to learn to be far more discrete, if not this won't end well for him.

Apparently one of our greats Spanish Dave liked a drink or three, but only a select few knew, he was as smart off the pitch as on it, Mr Grealish needs to learn both these traits.
He couldn't lace Davids' boots on or off the pitch

Rooney could have been even better than he was he also declined alarmingly quickly.
I would wager carrol and wilshire got injured frequently due to their lifestyles. Stones for example has had a better injury record since he sorted his life out and cut out the bad lifestyle.

I don’t think there is a real link with age and injury, look across all sports there is players all over playing longer than ever before. A large reason for this is these players treat their bodies like temples. Just look at ronaldo and tom Brady (two extreme examples) and look at their diets. Food and nutrition plays a huge role in player performance.

Binge drinking is also incredibly damaging to the body god knows what it does to an athletes performance levels etc.
I'd say Rooney is the perfect example of being a boozer shortening his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.