10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how both the media and fans change within 24 hours.
This time yesterday he was the man of the people, such a warm heart for a perceived bad boy, he brought joy and happiness to the young girl in the wheelchair, he showed such warmth and empathy and for some he won a place in their hearts.
Fast forward 24 hours, he's turned away from a nightclub for being pissed up, the bad boy has returned, ruined his career, a wasteful talent, £100 million spunked up the wall, a bad role model.
Job done by our fucking rancid media and the lemmings have took the bait.

I'd say Rooney is the perfect example of being a boozer shortening his career.
Worth remembering that Rooney was playing 40 games a season from the age of 16. He was always going to slow down 3/4 years before everyone else. I'm sure the drinking didn't help but I'm not sure you can chalk it entirely up to that.

Worth remembering that Rooney was playing 40 games a season from the age of 16. He was always going to slow down 3/4 years before everyone else. I'm sure the drinking didn't help but I'm not sure you can chalk it entirely up to that.
I'm not.
Rooneys issues were always fitness. Lots of weight gain in pre-season or after a long lay-off. Boozing wouldn't have helped.
Also worth noting (and this is a bit of a guess) that the modern day player has to cover a lot more ground in 90 minutes than they did 20 years ago

I mean, it's not remotely surprising is it? He's a pisshead, everyone knew that before he got here and people like that rarely change.

Makes it stranger that we invested so much on him tbh as ots not exactly a secret that binge drinking does your body no good at all in the long run. Its not the 90s anymore, footballers are athletes now and athletes look after their bodies properly.

Hopefully we at least get something good out of him jn the next few years as I can't imagine him being at the top into his 30s

I'm not.
Rooneys issues were always fitness. Lots of weight gain in pre-season or after a long lay-off. Boozing wouldn't have helped.
Also worth noting (and this is a bit of a guess) that the modern day player has to cover a lot more ground in 90 minutes than they did 20 years ago
Fair enough.

But also worth considering that Rooney isn't the only attacker in recent years to suddenly slow down seemingly before their time. Fernando Torres was playing 40 games a season by the age of 17 and was burnt out by 27. Lukaku is another who broke through early and seems to be slowing down ahead of expectations. Aguero was slowing down considerably even before his heart problems. Harry Kane broke through a bit later but still played far too much football before 22/23 and is now slowing down far earlier than he should do as a result of fatigue and injury.

A good article for you: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ed-captain-Wayne-Rooney-latest-join-list.html

Last edited:
I can’t wait until Grealish proves people wrong, shuts his doubters up and proves his worth. He was never going to do it this season, and a good v supposed bad contrast in video clips doesn’t mean anything. His form on the pitch, next season, will show why we bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.