10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Pep put him on to avoid the obvious inquest into why a £100m player was not deemed worthy of an appearance in the season's biggest game.

And true to form Grealish, in the very moment he could play a vital through ball, decided it would be much better to just run up a blind alley. It was a microcosm of a player who plays with his head down and has ZERO football nous. I've said it before on here, he's a football freestyler who will never add anything to our team as he's an ill fitting unnecessary cog in what is otherwise a fairly decent machine.

Still he has nice hair and is very rich!

For me Pep put him on to avoid the obvious inquest into why a £100m player was not deemed worthy of an appearance in the season's biggest game.

And true to form Grealish, in the very moment he could play a vital through ball, decided it would be much better to just run up a blind alley. It was a microcosm of a player who plays with his head down and has ZERO football nous. I've said it before on here, he's a football freestyler who will never add anything to our team as he's an ill fitting unnecessary cog in what is otherwise a fairly decent machine.

Saving this, so I can quote it next season. How anyone is confident enough to write off a Pep signing in the first season is beyond me

Without wanting to be accused of being a Grealish fanboy, that’s quite a fucking take. That ill fitting cog is still playing a part in a team on for a treble in April.
Username checks out.

One thing is true - you have said it before.

It wasn't a good cameo, but I don't really think you can read into it (given how brief it was) without having an agenda.

It wasn't a good cameo, but I don't really think you can read into it (given how brief it was) without having an agenda.
This thread should hardly have any comments after today. Certainly not one's that are trying to make out one pass that was on to kdb was the difference between winning and drawing. I defend him because of shite like the last few pages.

I dont know what are the real positives about him.

for 100m, I am sure Pep expected more. he wont say front of the press, he is clever. he might even say the opposite.

Says it all his two PL goals came at City-Norwich 5-0 and City-Leeds 7-0. I go out and risk it we would have won without his goals these games.

his only CL goal came at 6-3 win vs Leipzig. quite similar thing to above.

his last PL goal was in December when we trashed Leeds by 7.
his last PL assist was in October 2021.

Sterling would be murdered for something like this.

I dont want to see him in the front three if he cannot put up the numbers required. we have crucial games here, Pool 2x, Atletico 2x, possibly Real M. 2x, Wolves away, WHU away.

I do wonder how many he will really start of these. this week he started neither. did come on as sub, did not do well today, while he got at least two yellows for Atletico. wonder if only for this perspective he should start as Atletico players seemingly hate him for some reason and try to get a reaction out of him we might use this as a a chance to get a red card for them. or fuck this idea and start someone who might get us a goal or assist.

business end of the season, you need players who will get the job done. lets be honest if he did this at Villa last season we would have not touched him. I still think we fucked this up big time for 100m.

chances are he will never get close to David Silva, KDB, Yaya Toure in terms of added value, importance to the team etc. which is a level above than what the likes of Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez can add but Grealish is far from that level as well imo as the stats and this season can prove it.

my Villa mate friend does not stop talking about City not using him like he has to be used.
I dont know whats that but I tell him this is not mediocre Villa, here he wont have the licence to fuck around and create chances vs rubbish teams who do not sit back because its Villa they play against.

if we had the kind of response from teams in terms of mentality, tactical set up that Villa was facing last year we would win every game 7-0 and guys like Jesus and Sterling who have problem with being clinical would end the season on 30 goals each front of Mo Salad.

I am still waiting for 1 game what is taken by the neck by Grealish and he wins it for us. Bernardo did have this few times this season, KDB too big games included, even Mahrez, sterling, Jesus, Foden certainly few times. Gundo did it quite a few PL games last season scoring 13 goals in total.

Seriously Grealish yet to do it, and even if its a Watford game, I would be happy to see it finally.

I dont know what are the real positives about him.

for 100m, I am sure Pep expected more. he wont say front of the press, he is clever. he might even say the opposite.

Says it all his two PL goals came at City-Norwich 5-0 and City-Leeds 7-0. I go out and risk it we would have won without his goals these games.

his only CL goal came at 6-3 win vs Leipzig. quite similar thing to above.

his last PL goal was in December when we trashed Leeds by 7.
his last PL assist was in October 2021.

Sterling would be murdered for something like this.

I dont want to see him in the front three if he cannot put up the numbers required. we have crucial games here, Pool 2x, Atletico 2x, possibly Real M. 2x, Wolves away, WHU away.

I do wonder how many he will really start of these. this week he started neither. did come on as sub, did not do well today, while he got at least two yellows for Atletico. wonder if only for this perspective he should start as Atletico players seemingly hate him for some reason and try to get a reaction out of him we might use this as a a chance to get a red card for them. or fuck this idea and start someone who might get us a goal or assist.

business end of the season, you need players who will get the job done. lets be honest if he did this at Villa last season we would have not touched him. I still think we fucked this up big time for 100m.

chances are he will never get close to David Silva, KDB, Yaya Toure in terms of added value, importance to the team etc. which is a level above than what the likes of Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez can add but Grealish is far from that level as well imo as the stats and this season can prove it.

my Villa mate friend does not stop talking about City not using him like he has to be used.
I dont know whats that but I tell him this is not mediocre Villa, here he wont have the licence to fuck around and create chances vs rubbish teams who do not sit back because its Villa they play against.

if we had the kind of response from teams in terms of mentality, tactical set up that Villa was facing last year we would win every game 7-0 and guys like Jesus and Sterling who have problem with being clinical would end the season on 30 goals each front of Mo Salad.

I am still waiting for 1 game what is taken by the neck by Grealish and he wins it for us. Bernardo did have this few times this season, KDB too big games included, even Mahrez, sterling, Jesus, Foden certainly few times. Gundo did it quite a few PL games last season scoring 13 goals in total.

Seriously Grealish yet to do it, and even if its a Watford game, I would be happy to see it finally.
Long winded post for a little cameo. Grealish really does get under people's skins doesn't he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.