10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we set up like today, he needs to move a little faster between the lines (compare with Foden), but he also needs the other players to play the ball into the space for him to work with it. That said, I think he'll do better next season if he's dropped into the midfield and has the park in front of him and a striker to play both to and off.

In a pretty poor team performance, especially attacking-wise, he scored a nice goal and set up a couple of good chances (Jesus, Sterling).

First half he hardly saw the ball, but I'm chalking that off to the fact that the whole team (including him) was off the pace and struggling to get the ball up the pitch.

Second half better, I would have liked to see him running more at their defence but can understand the wariness of losing the ball against Liverpool's strong counter-attack and the risk of an embarrassingly large defeat that would not only knock us out of the cup but might also shatter confidence for the rest of the season.

I was particularly pleased with the goal because he was showing for the ball in a goalscoring position and took it first time - left-footed as well. Think that says a lot about his increased confidence and his determination to make a difference.

Hard for anyone to shine in that performance, especially first half, but on balance I think he gave one of the better performances of our attacking players.

He has been a complete flop in my view.

Many will consider this harsh but as the season draws to a close I feel he has contributed the square root of fuck all.

As someone posted a few days ago, what are the remaining games and a summer holiday going to achieve so that he becomes a significant part of our first choice line up next season? I just don't see any improvement that would remotely justify the enormous outlay on him.

He’s so soft in the challenge. Looking for free kicks constantly, even when he’s off the ball he’ll get knocked over and lie there appealing to the ref. He’s so easy to wind up and he minces around the pitch with his stupid bouncy haircut and his rolled down socks like he’s actually achieved something in the game. Never takes anyone on, plays the safe pass, misses chances, that one in first half typical in that he wanted far too much time. Doesn’t press well or support the team defensively. Really poor season. Massive improvement needed.

He's excellent and is having all his qualities coached out or tactically removed. Good finish and excellent ball to Jesus who should score.

Still waiting. He also shit his pants in the first 10 minutes when he had a clear opportunity to shoot.
Nice goal mind. What is that... 4 in 34 appearances and none of them match defining. Obviously having an amazing season.

He's excellent and is having all his qualities coached out or tactically removed. Good finish and excellent ball to Jesus who should score.
His 2nd half was certainly better than his first that’s for sure. There was a distinct lack of bollocks being shown first half by many players. Only Bernado and Fern were putting their foot in even if most of their challenges were fouls.

He has been a complete flop in my view.

Many will consider this harsh but as the season draws to a close I feel he has contributed the square root of fuck all.

As someone posted a few days ago, what are the remaining games and a summer holiday going to achieve so that he becomes a significant part of our first choice line up next season? I just don't see any improvement that would remotely justify the enormous outlay on him.
That’s is literally almost every player that pep has signed minus diaz. Give me a name we signed that just killed it their first season. I’ll judge him next season. Talent is there he just plays way to safe for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.