10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the Barcelona that got knocked out of the champions league and then the europa league? Just cos an average player found his level doesn’t mean City should be anywhere near him just cos he can run fast.
What do you mean the CL? Barcelona was knocked out of CL before they got Traore and a few other players including Aubameyang and Ferran Torres. Barcelona is a has been club.

They did play 6 games in Europa with the new players. Scored 10, but Traore didnt start full games yet at most 75min there were games when he played just the first half. The game that did knock them out, the only game Traore didnt sub in until 60th minute, to replace their new top goalscorer Aubameyang. They lost that 2-3.

i’ve always rated Adama Traore since our 0-2 and 3-2 losses against Wolves. Of those 5 goals, 3 were scored by Traore. I find him a rough gem that needs worked on. Based on the Barcelona games he played so far, he’s more composed for a Pep style football. He’s not half of Haaland that’s for sure, but with a far lower fee he can be good foil.

We'd currently be singing his praises for turning the game around on his own if Jesus had buried the golden chance that Grealish put on a plate for him.

As I've said numerous times in this thread, Grealish would be in double figures for assists if we had more clinical forwards to whom finishing comes naturally.
Same as the Bernardo chance v Palace. Put it on a plate 1 yard out!

Agree with the Sane comment but Traore?! Not for me. I’m struggling to see what Grealish brings but I’d have him over Traore
I’m working on my thinking based on the 5 games we played against Wolves with Traore playing. Of the 5 games, we lost 2 and won 3. For the games we lost (0-2) and (3-2), 3 goals out of the 5 were scored by Traore. And as a team, Wolves is mid table club at best.

Jimenez to me has better workrate than Grealish, but he did have that nasty head injury and rivalry aside wishing him recovery.

Traore is now with the trial made Barcelona, with Ferran Torres and Aubameyang. They are changing their style of play away from the Messi era, but they are scoring better.

Traore a bit like Sterling, imo: fast player, runs a lot, lacking end product.

Prime Sterling is unplayable. When he was with Leroy Sane, their constant left right swap runs circles around rivals. Both players are fast and run a lot.

Sterling off-day is still better than Grealish to me. Grealish is like an utility player who’s not fit for Pep style football. Traore will possibly fit Pep style football because he can dribble 2,3,4 players through to the box and has a lower centre of gravity. He’s not a star player and certainly lacks end product, but for a fee he can be good foil.

his new role at the new Barcelona is like the Riyad Mahrez role, but with muscles to explode through players into the box. Wolves is at best a midtable team. I think over the months he’ll be better than he was at Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.