10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Saka gets picked ahead of him for England. And I couldn't even comprehend an an argument Grealish is better than Martinelli. Odegaard is a better player than Grealish

Grealish would not be our best player. I mean why would he? What's he done to warrant such a high reputation, other than the transfer fee you christened him with?

12 months ago he was an Aston Villa footballer, then you spent 100m on him. How does being bought for 100m make you a better footballer? If this logic were true, Harry Maguire would be a world class centre half.

Im willing to admit Mahrez, Foden, De Bruyne, Sterling are of extreme quality, but I will not be gaslighted into acknowledging Grealish is an elite level footballer when he clearly isnt.
Clearly, obviously, plainly etc. adverbial ammunition to support an agenda.
Phrases like "everyone knows", "we can all see that...", "it's common knowledge" are similarly inserted in an attempt to present a personal bias as the voice of the people. When it "clearly isn't" :)

Well Saka gets picked ahead of him for England. And I couldn't even comprehend an an argument Grealish is better than Martinelli. Odegaard is a better player than Grealish

Grealish would not be our best player. I mean why would he? What's he done to warrant such a high reputation, other than the transfer fee you christened him with?

12 months ago he was an Aston Villa footballer, then you spent 100m on him. How does being bought for 100m make you a better footballer? If this logic were true, Harry Maguire would be a world class centre half.

Im willing to admit Mahrez, Foden, De Bruyne, Sterling are of extreme quality, but I will not be gaslighted into acknowledging Grealish is an elite level footballer when he clearly isnt.
Both Saka and Emile Smith Rowe have more league goals this campaign than jack has managed in his entire career despite being 5-6 years younger, never played in the championship and play in a worse team. Grealish would most certainly not be your best player.

Anybody telling you so has blue tinted glasses on and can't face facts. Everybody saying he will be alot better next season is basing that solely on hopes and dreams.

you could say that about most of the players we’ve signed recently after their first season. Wouldn’t be so quick to write a player off
It’s actually only a few that have started poorly and come good. Many have actually been good straight away.

Dias was superb from the very first ball he kicked.
Laporte was good from the off.
Walker was good from the off.
Ederson was superb from the off.
Jesus was good from the off.
Mahrez actually had a good first season and then bloody awful second season.
Gundogan has been fairly consistent throughout his time here (took a while to hit his best after his injury).

Bernardo was quite good in his first season then rocketed (a bit on his own in that regard as he wasn’t poor in his first season by any means).
Cancelo was average first season then came good.
Rodri the same.
Ake the same.
It’s only really these three that fall into this catagory under Pep. Although I thought Sterling was poor under Pellegrini and then got a lot better under Pep.

Hopefully Grealish can take the same trajectory as Cancelo Rodri and Ake!

But I actually never really rated him that highly at Villa. I always thought he got overrated because he was linked with United over two years, and I always thought we could wind him up and take him off his game like we did in the EFL Cup final two years ago when we shithoused him all game and he spent most of it punching the floor and moaning at the ref.

Saying that, look at Cancelo first season - a diving, injury feigning, moaning, moody, soft arse wanker, I openly said at the time I hadn’t disliked a City player since Danny Mills but I didn’t like Cancelo… yet now all that shit he brought with him has disappeared, and he’s great.

Hopefully things do turn around for Jack, but I’m disappointed, although not wholly surprised, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grealish is overrated, always has been, he is never a 100m player in a million years, never will be.

Time to settle is a myth for great players, although getting used to playing in a Pep team can take time but the lack of urgency in him is inexcusable.
I agree that "time to settle" is a myth. Some players hit the ground running. Diaz looked brilliant from his first touch and so did Foden. Grealish has been poor this season. I hope I am proved wrong but I fear those who are comparing him with Rodney Marsh may be correct. I have no doubt about his technical skills but he doesn't fit into our playing system. Grealish slows everything down and rarely plays a pass with his first touch which is essential for the way City play when they are in transition. We have been breaking more slowly this season when Grealish plays.

I agree. No athleticism. Good footballer. But the best footballers are great footballers and proper athletes, unless your a freak of nature like Messi, of which Jack isnt.

Mind you, he has a new fashion label coming out, and maybe thats the problem. He gives me the Beckham celebrity vibes.

Just look at Mo Salah, he looks like a dirty homeless drunk. Mo Salah clearly doesn't have any side hustles. He obviously doesn't have trendy barber who cuts his hair & shaves him.

I further think Grealish is a bad influence on Foden who is a proper footballer.

I made this prediction before - Grealish will be on loan to Villa for the 23/24 season
Fuck off back to an Arsenal forum you weirdo

Jack was incredibly frustrating to watch today and at face value it seems like he really underperformed considering he was playing against the defensively poor TAA. But the elephant in the room is that Pep, intentionally or not, coaches out of them a player’s ability to beat a defender. He’s done it with Raz, Leroy, Mahrez and now Grealish. Our success shows that this must be a sound policy but man is it frustrating to watch when things aren’t going our way and we need a bit of dynamism.

Despite having an abundance of highly skilled wide players the only one you’d put money on to skin the defender is Cancelo.
Pep coaches talent out of players. Fuck me I’ve heard it all now!

Well Grealish is a better footballer than two of the City players you seem to rate.

Grealish has strolled around the pitch in most games far too casually for my liking. I want to see some gut busting fire in his belly and a will to win next season. And the most frustrating thing is Jack has the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen, and sadly he hasn't contributed enough for a player of his ability, first season or not.
When he is wound up and aggressive he is a top player, when in that mood he has an arrogance and attitude which could make this side better but sadly apart from a couple of cameos in games he has looked far to laid back and very ordinary.

Well Grealish is a better footballer than two of the City players you seem to rate.
Mahrez and Sterling?

Seriously?

Both the two above are consistent goal scorers, creators and a serious threat, Sterling is one of the most frustrating players in our history but is still one hell of a threat to the opponents.

Grealish so far in his career with us has neither created or scored anywhere near the other two's level and in terms of goals never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.