10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a tough start at city but he’s done ok. In & out of team different positions & not his best position.

he will come good. We need a goal scorer to take pressure of the entire team. This will let pep play players in their preferred positions.

That’s is literally almost every player that pep has signed minus diaz. Give me a name we signed that just killed it their first season. I’ll judge him next season. Talent is there he just plays way to safe for some reason

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a forward minded player who didn't need a season to become good?

Every time I watch him he just looks like a number 8 being shoehorned in out wide.
He could probably be a decent number 8 for a bottom half PL side where there's less margin for error and a lot more space to operate in. I don't think he has the athleticism, workrate, speed of thought or football intelligence to play in such a crucial position at the top level. I might be proved wrong but I highly doubt he'll ever play there for us.

I think people just have to get their head around the fact that he's an okay creative left winger and nothing more, and if we had paid £40m for him then people would have less trouble accepting that. In my opinion, the hype from the English media and the price tag is making people look for a player that simply isn't there.

It’s funny how if Jack’s teammates had taken their chances most people would be talking about Grealish in a different light.

If Bernie converted that sitter at Palace and Jesus buried his chance yesterday, most people would be talking out a decent contribution from Grealish this season.

True.

The clubs ridiculous transfer dealings of losing Ageuro, Sane/Torres without replacement is hurting other players.

We're 2/3 players short who are absolutely clinical.

Didn't really watch him at Villa but I've always been told he was a great dribbler? He's nowhere near as good beating his man as Mahrez, Bernardo or Foden. For a 100m you expect someone who is as good as Sanchez at Arsenal or Hazard at Chelsea. I doubt he'll ever get even close to that level tbh. He reminds me of Samir Nasri - Good, technical player, but won't ever be a vital first team player.

Didn't really watch him at Villa but I've always been told he was a great dribbler? He's nowhere near as good beating his man as Mahrez, Bernardo or Foden. For a 100m you expect someone who is as good as Sanchez at Arsenal or Hazard at Chelsea. I doubt he'll ever get even close to that level tbh. He reminds me of Samir Nasri - Good, technical player, but won't ever be a vital first team player.
The club absolutely shit the bed with the finances involved 100m transfer fee, reported 300k a week and reported 10m in agents fees take this to 200m over the length of his 6 year deal.

People say well that was his release clause. Then we should have fucking walked away.
We signed kdb for how much on the back of a player of the year winning season?

How much better could that money gave been spent , it's an absolute joke from a club who has up until that point been well run. Everything about it sounds like a Woodward signing.

Last edited:
First of all, let's all agree that at this stage City isn't built around Jack, but Aston Villa was.. There are many times when during the game he should receive the ball, but somehow teammates don't give him and try something different. But at Aston Villa he was always the first guy who would receive the passes and then, Jack would decide what to do with the ball..

So, Pep should work on that and if Club payed 100m, if Pep agreed on that, if Jack is worth that money - then let's create the tactics, where Jack has similar role to Villa and he does, what he is best for.

Also, yesterday we saw, how he can create a goal-scoring opportunity even in a smaller or tiniest spaces. Unfortunately GJ couldn't score and Raheem could have shot better. For example, Haalland or Kane would have scored both..

For this purpose, Jack still has many to offer and club should work to utilize him as much as possible.

Since the August we haven't seen him as a ACM and he played only one game there - against Tottenham. I rewatched that whole fucking game to find out what he did wrong, but couldn't, considering it was his first game.

And since that, he either plays LW, False9, or second striker, like he played yesterday... How the hell he can deliver from there ?

Give him the position, he played at Aston Villa and let him show why club payed 100m.

But I still hope that with the arrival of a striker, he will eventually start playing better and deliver more..

Talent is there, class is there, character is there, let's wait and keep faith in Jack..

its hard to miss the point of what would City fans say in general if he had made his move to Chelsea or United for 100m and performed exactly like he has at City.

all 3 big money transfers from last summer are pretty clear flops based on their first season imo.
Grealish, Lukaku, Sancho. there can be an argument how their second season might become better. no guarantees tho. this he will play better with a top striker, yes that is true for everyone else in the team. actuallly with a top striker some of the players we have playing regularly will be sitting on the bench an awful lot more. could be Grealish if he does not get better.

i will be honest if Villa would come back this summer and say here is your 100m we want him back, I would not hesitate.

also dont rate Pep's ways highly of basically he stuck him out on the left 90% of the time replacing either Foden or Sterling on the left meaning a lot less goal strong player is now part of our front three.
he will not score more than 3-4 goals a season even if played as left winger.
thats not a good thing when that means less playing time for Foden/Sterling on the left who both can can to 10/15 goals playing from same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.