10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why it takes a £100 million player who has played in this league for years 12 months to adopt to our style is baffling.
EVERY new player Klopp signs fits into the system straight away.

Why it takes a £100 million player who has played in this league for years 12 months to adopt to our style is baffling.
It doesn’t matter how long he’s played in this league, he’d never played the kind of games we play. Show me one Villa game where he was against the kind of low block we face in the majority of our matches. Even just one game. Show me. So that is why there’s an adaptation period.

And the comment about every Liverpool player hitting the ground running simply isn’t true. Both Fabinho and Thiago, for example, took time. Konate too is only just asserting himself in recent months. I don’t think their system takes as long to adapt to as Pep’s ideas do, but don’t let Jota and Diaz make you think ALL of their signings slot in immediately. They don’t.

We have our own examples, by the way, of players slotting straight in. Did Dias take time? Did Ederson? Did Jesus? Did Walker? You’re just cherry picking players that suit your opinion.

Keita and where’s the ox?

Pep not picking Grealish at moment is down to we have better players and Grealish loses the ball to much for pep at the moment and at the business end of the season pep picks his best players if fit.

Big problems ahead if Haaland will need 12 months before we can rely on him for scoring goals.

I honestly dont see where Grealish will get most of his game time if we sign Haaland. he no longer will get game time as false 9 and thats a good thing really as he was even worse there than on the left. neither will Foden, which means Foden takes the left winger role more often hopefully. this again will not help Grealish's game time.

a move to midfield is a possibility for Grealish, but Pep rarely trusted him there. Best he can hope for he will be rotated in the left winger role in a 433 with Foden, but on that I would use an 80-20 rotation, meaning of all game time for a left winger I would want Foden 80%.

And who knows if Alvarez maybe someone who gets some playing time off the left a few times.

But we lose goals when Grealish is a winger and not Foden or Sterling given their goal scoring stats comparison.

I do wonder if we signed Grealish while we were dead certain that Bernardo will be sold due to his unhappiness last summer. because Bernardo staying (thank God) worked out perfectly he is probably player of the season or close second behind KDB. but KDB only really came into crazy form in second half of the season while Bernardo was doing very well since August with a bit of dip later on.

but even then if Bernardo had left, who the hell would have provided that workrate and engine in midfield areas that comes from Bernardo? because Grealish does not have that. not Gundogan either whose fitness is going down a hill this season with back injury and other stuff and rarely can play 90 mins two times in a row anymore.

if we get rid two of Sterling, Mahrez,Jesus this summer that can open up more game time for Grealish but again we lose goals so I deffo prefer a quick, clinical, goal strong winger brought in.

The way Pep is benching Grealish for almost all more important games now compared to when the season started and Grealish started like 8-9 PL games a in a row, probably only Ederson had more minutes than him early on is a sign that his play and form is just not enough at this point despite what Pep said earlier he doesnt care about numbers (G+A) because he sees other things in his play which makes him happy.

dont agree with the Rodri needed one year to bed in, it was clear where Rodri's place will be if he comes good. also with Mahrez it was clear he will be a winger.

but for Grealish to be a regular LW here will only happen if Foden sits on the bench in return and no one wants that.

Haaland will add goals for sure but that doesnt mean we can afford the wingers put up much lower numbers. we will still need 10+ goals from the wingers make it work.

Keita and where’s the ox?

Grujic, Karius, Klavan, Solanke, Shaqiri, Minamino, Thiago, Ben Davies, Konate etc.

All failed or struggled initially.

I don't understand how long it will take for these people to realise that the only reason why they think we're failing in comparison to other is because they aren't really paying attention to what happens at that other team. They just get their info from the press who treats them favourably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.