10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think he'd be anywhere near a Pep team if this was the case and it goes against what former teammates have said about him too, which is that he's a very dedicated trainer. The old cliche of first to turn up and last to leave type.

Ultimately he's got the kind of outgoing and likeable personality which means people want to see more of him and know more about him outside of the game. I think plenty of other footballers are up to all sorts of antics in their own time which could be construed as distracting but nobody really cares or pays much attention.
I agree with you. I think he’s a bit different to the rest of the side. He’s got more of a social media presence and I’m not sure it’s at the same pace as his position in the team. I’d prefer he did the work before he got paid for it.

I just don't think he'd be anywhere near a Pep team if this was the case and it goes against what former teammates have said about him too, which is that he's a very dedicated trainer. The old cliche of first to turn up and last to leave type.

Ultimately he's got the kind of outgoing and likeable personality which means people want to see more of him and know more about him outside of the game. I think plenty of other footballers are up to all sorts of antics in their own time which could be construed as distracting but nobody really cares or pays much attention.
Apologies to harp on about this but he is obviously a piss head(I can spot em as I’m one myself) This will affect fitness no matter how hard he trains even if it’s by a small amount. This could be the difference in stopping a cross into our box in an important game. Anyhow hope he gets it and kicks on next season.

I was one of those who wasn't that enamoured with his signing as some were and thought the hype needed to be calmed a bit but the season is done now and he played some part no matter how small in the league win. What anyone else can do now is hope that the form/confidence he seemed to be gaining towards the end of the season carries into the next one and he can finally kick on like others before him that struggled in their first season. All the raw materials are there for him to be a success in a pep team even if he'll never be the goalscorer many want him to be, he can still contribute in creating chances and with haaland next season I suspect he won't be the only one of the forwards getting a new lease of life.

Apologies to harp on about this but he is obviously a piss head(I can spot em as I’m one myself) This will affect fitness no matter how hard he trains even if it’s by a small amount. This could be the difference in stopping a cross into our box in an important game. Anyhow hope he gets it and kicks on next season.
Jack's problem is not knowing when to stop.

Can be good as gold for months on end but then if there's a party he's on it more than anyone. So he's not drinking all the time, but when he is drinking he makes up for that.

Far from ideal but if he's lucky he'll be able to keep his fitness during the season by keeping his binges to the off-season.

So far he's been very lucky as outside of the negative headlines his drinking hasn't really impacted him. Not unreasonable to think it might become more of an issue as he gets older. Also considering his kidney getting fucked up a few years back, got to assume drinking isn't a great idea to avoid that becoming a problem.

I’d like to see him be a gundogan-like presence who ghosts into the box as speedier wingers get to the byline. Haaland is going to attract so much attention that having regular trailers running in adjacent channels off his back should be good real estate to take up…and we may improve our shot quality by ending up with more chances from more central angles.

Jack's problem is not knowing when to stop.

Can be good as gold for months on end but then if there's a party he's on it more than anyone. So he's not drinking all the time, but when he is drinking he makes up for that.

Far from ideal but if he's lucky he'll be able to keep his fitness during the season by keeping his binges to the off-season.

So far he's been very lucky as outside of the negative headlines his drinking hasn't really impacted him. Not unreasonable to think it might become more of an issue as he gets older. Also considering his kidney getting fucked up a few years back, got to assume drinking isn't a great idea to avoid that becoming a problem.
I think our sophisticated medical team will not allow any dip in his physical or medical condition during the season, if it dips, Pep drops.

I think our sophisticated medical team will not allow any dip in his physical or medical condition during the season, if it dips, Pep drops.
Also, he's far from the only player we've ever had who likes a drink by all accounts, and the others have hardly suffered for it.

I get why people are concerned seeing him out on the piss, and I'll stand corrected if it does turn out to be a problem. But the season's over, touch wood he's not got himself into any trouble (and probably isn't doing anything that none of our other players are doing, it's just that who he is draws media attention) and he seems like the kind of personality that needs to just let go some times in order to stay focused the rest of the time. There's always a risk he gets pissed and does something stupid that endangers him or someone else or shows the club in a bad light, but this is his personal time and hopefully he has good people looking out for him to reduce that risk.

The other risk is that a player who thrives on his social life withdraws from it out of fear of criticism and becomes much more miserable and less motivated as a result.

Like you say, our medical team will spot if it becomes a problem for his fitness. And Pep will spot if it becomes a problem for his form.

But until and unless it's a tangible problem, I say let the bloke live his life.

I get the impression he likes a drink more than one would expect in a professional athlete but I think there's a few other members of the squad who clearly do too and I don't see them being dunked on for the same thing. Obvs two wrongs don't make a right, but I do think there's a tendency to single him out.

Not many opposition players make much of an impression, and I don't watch TV football, but I remember Jack at the Etihad in 2015 or thereabouts and was thrilled to see him sign for us. OK he's been a bit nervy about losing the ball, but the ball control and trickery redeems him for me. Football isn't just about winning.

I’d like to see him be a gundogan-like presence who ghosts into the box as speedier wingers get to the byline. Haaland is going to attract so much attention that having regular trailers running in adjacent channels off his back should be good real estate to take up…and we may improve our shot quality by ending up with more chances from more central angles.
Hasnt got anywhere near the eye for goal or finishig ability Gunogan has. I see him more like Bernardo, keeping the ball and getting it up to the front players who know what to do next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.