10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love him.

I love that he's a lad enjoying all of the gifts that have been given to him and he's enjoying life to the full. You can also bet he's got an absolute burning desire to do more - this season has been an eye-opener for him in terms of understanding what it's like to be elite. I fully expect him to be absolutely superb next season, particularly as certain things (Haaland, new LB) seem heavily weighted in his favour.

I am amazed at the number of people in this thread that seem to know him intimately!

Please learn from the Rodri example and look back at the number of people who were scornful of his ability, called him Plodri, then damned him with faint praise (he needs to do that every week), then reluctantly accepted he had had a few good games, and now, finally, pronounce him Godri.

Grealish is a very talented player and has done quite well, getting better as the season has gone on, and gradually settling in to one of the world's best teams.

Yet it is only in the last two seasons that Gundy has discovered this eye for goal, so in reality, plenty of time for Jack.

Gündy always had the eye for it, it just wasn't how he was utilized. You can go back to 16/17 and look at the two goals he scored against Barça, the movement and timing have always been there

Gündy always had the eye for it, it just wasn't how he was utilized. You can go back to 16/17 and look at the two goals he scored against Barça, the movement and timing have always been there
All the way back then eh, lovely stuff.
Fancy me thinking an eye for a goal meant actually scoring them.

In his first 164 games for the club he scored 22 goals, come on now, that isn't much of an eye for a goal is it?

Scoring a couple of beauties just makes it that he scored a couple of beautiful goals.

In his next 89 appearances, he scored 27 goals, showing a very big eye for a goal, especially in that run when he took over from KDB and showed us a completely different side to his game.

Going off both their first full seasons, I have not taken the 10 game season from Gundy into account though he did score 5 in 16.

Gundy scored 6 in 48 games to Grealish scored 6 in 38 games.

So like I said before and say again, plenty of time for Jack to come good on the goal front, though if he is assisting 10-15 goals and chipping in with 10 goals himself I'd be happy enough with that tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.