10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t warm to the guy at all, he’s not young talent and he’s at his peak right now, he’s nearly 27 years old in September.
He had a very bang average season and then celebrates winning the league like he did it all himself, he is a massive ego and reminds me of pogba

The ego accusation seems like an odd one considering that one of his biggest issues this season seems to have been a lack of confidence, and that interview on the pitch after the Villa match revealed a player who's struggled a little to feel like he belongs among all our superstars.

Everything coming from the club - the way the other players obviously really like him, the comments about how he joined knowing he had to win over the dressing room, and about his willingness to learn from everyone around him - suggests ego is not the problem. And every time he talks about his teammates and how much he admires them, it's obvious he hasn't turned up thinking he's better than everyone else.

He's had a solid but unspectacular season as he's been learning the ropes, but his final few performances have shown glimpses of what he'll hopefully become for us. Even if you judge him by that second half against West Ham alone, he's played a part in getting us over the line.

Bloke's won his first major trophy, got pissed and partied with his mates, had a quick holiday and then reported for international duty. In most players, that wouldn't be news.

The ego accusation seems like an odd one considering that one of his biggest issues this season seems to have been a lack of confidence, and that interview on the pitch after the Villa match revealed a player who's struggled a little to feel like he belongs among all our superstars.

Everything coming from the club - the way the other players obviously really like him, the comments about how he joined knowing he had to win over the dressing room, and about his willingness to learn from everyone around him - suggests ego is not the problem. And every time he talks about his teammates and how much he admires them, it's obvious he hasn't turned up thinking he's better than everyone else.

He's had a solid but unspectacular season as he's been learning the ropes, but his final few performances have shown glimpses of what he'll hopefully become for us. Even if you judge him by that second half against West Ham alone, he's played a part in getting us over the line.

Bloke's won his first major trophy, got pissed and partied with his mates, had a quick holiday and then reported for international duty. In most players, that wouldn't be news.
Great post, 100% agree. I like that he is a player who genuinely wants to improve, be here and win things for our club. I also like a player to have a big personality. I remember years back meeting Paul Walsh after a match winning performance away at Coventry and he was walking about drinking a bottle of bubbly having a laugh with fans. Jack will be an important cog to our team next year and beyond.

Not a fan but he will do. For England last night noted the commentators never mentioned his name until he burst past three players. Felt like they were airbrushing him out of the match, even when setting up Kane with some nice footwork. Seems like the City narrative is alive and kicking..

I can’t warm to the guy at all, he’s not young talent and he’s at his peak right now, he’s nearly 27 years old in September.
He had a very bang average season and then celebrates winning the league like he did it all himself, he is a massive ego and reminds me of pogba

I’m all for Jack starting every game if it means twats like you fuck off.

Not a fan but he will do. For England last night noted the commentators never mentioned his name until he burst past three players. Felt like they were airbrushing him out of the match, even when setting up Kane with some nice footwork. Seems like the City narrative is alive and kicking..
Who cares, no one was watching it

Ego? He is as down to earth and genuine as they come.Just look at how much time and energy he gives to supporters if you want a bit of proof.

He can't believe his luck and is ensuring he enjoys every moment of a short career,i don't blame him.

It would seem people like you struggle with success for others.

Read his quotes which were bang on. As it’s him it’s highlighted a million times more than anyone else. They were all bladdered at the parade, guess which one player took every headline? They all celebrated winning the league, Carson more than most. He’s the only player not allowed to celebrate though as his contribution isn’t deemed enough. Strange, a bit like Savic obsession with him. Think grown men are just uncomfortable with a good looking guy with glorious hair.

Not everyone with an outgoing nature has a massive ego. It's no one else's problem if you don't warm to him, no need to smear his character to try to justify your feelings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.