10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be clear by now that grealish isnt a team player. He is an individual. He isnt a vital cog in the patient possession system city play and he never will be.

Unless he has space to run at players. He just isn't very good. Certainly not a 100 million player.

He is played out of position on the wing and he is essentially a poor man's mahrez
Nothing is clear after 6 months. As for foretelling his future, prophesy is better left to prophets.

city" data-source="post: 14545905" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Wait, what?
A cursory glance at his performance thread should invigorate your knowledge.

Last edited:
I have seen an improvement in Grealish over the past few games he's played. I think, like many others, he's just going to take this season to settle. A major part of that will be mentality. Believing he is good enough for us. Another is game management. Knowing when to inject pace and when to slow the game down. He's got to play three times a week, where he hasn't before and conserving energy and controlling possession are key to our success as a team on all fronts.

You can see how hard he is on himself when he misplaces a pass or misses a chance. He is putting himself under pressure to perform which is natural when you have a £100m price tag and excellent players ready to take your place if you don't play well. Time on the pitch will be the best way for him to improve with us as a team. I do believe he'll end up playing more centrally when he's got a better understanding of how Pep wants the team to play. He's not quite there yet. If he can get a bit of luck and some of those chances he creates get converted, and some of those chances he has go in the net it will do wonders for him.

We were all ready to see the back of Mahrez but he settled and showed his importance to this team, particularly in Europe where he's consistently one of our best performers. Bernardo has also had dips and then responded brilliantly. And Sterling is looking more of a threat again. Give Grealish time and he'll repay that fee.

To those mentioning Nolito and Bravo as failures.

I think the thing with them is that they were older, spanish speaking (to fit with Pep quicker) and more important, relatively cheap.

I think every player since these 2 have been a success due to Pep (Mendy being chronically injured doesn't count)

With Grealish, he is our record breaking signing. I think they put alot more care into his profile and determined over a long time that he was the player we need.

Another thing on creativity, something Grealish was known for at Villa, is that is often depends on chemistry with your team. Once he learns the system more, the patterns of play on where everybody should be, his creativity will come back in more.

Perhaps his future is also as an left sided 8/10 rather than a winger as well. Who knows, right now Pep is going to play him around for him to learn the system like he did with Foden and is doing with Palmer. He is open to criticism FOR SURE (should have scored), but at the same time should be afforded some leeway from the fans to learn the system.

It should be clear by now that grealish isnt a team player. He is an individual. He isnt a vital cog in the patient possession system city play and he never will be.

Unless he has space to run at players. He just isn't very good. Certainly not a 100 million player.

He is played out of position on the wing and he is essentially a poor man's mahrez
Thanks for the assessment Ole

Thought Grealish had a good game and put in a shift. Very optimistic about him. Reckon he'll deliver in the big games toward the end of the season. Will be a top player for us.
I think he's been good recently. Unlucky not to score against Chelsea. He could have done with a goal in an important game. I am more positive about him now than I was at the start of the season possibly because I thought he was elbowing Sterling out of the side. Now we are playing both.

If you want a wild hot take - Radiohead’s your man :o Bold.

This might turn out to be bang on the money. Equally, with all those eggs in that basket, only 6 months into a Pep system, this post could look very foolish.

Popcorn at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.