10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players settling is an age old problem regardless of ability. I'm keeping the faith.

Look at Havertz last season as a recent example. Wasn't highly rated by Chelsea fans all season and then went and scored the winner in the CL final. He's not looked back since.

Hopefully Grealish has a similar breakthrough moment.

all i'm hearing is faith and hope. end of the day no one here has the answer for how on earth does it happen that our most expensive player in history, after our most difficult period of the season where he hasn't played at all, can't even get a minute in the next match when everyone else is recovering.

if every match from now until the end of the season is a cup final and this player can't get a minute because he's so unbelievably bad when he plays, and he's our most expensive player in history, that's nothing short of embarrassing to me

all i'm hearing is faith and hope. end of the day no one here has the answer for how on earth does it happen that our most expensive player in history, after our most difficult period of the season where he hasn't played at all, can't even get a minute in the next match when everyone else is recovering.

if every match from now until the end of the season is a cup final and this player can't get a minute because he's so unbelievably bad when he plays, and he's our most expensive player in history, that's nothing short of embarrassing to me

I must have dreamt that he played and scored at the weekend.

You have to laugh at posters who slag off certain players whenever they do play and also somehow manage the same when they don't.

I must have dreamt that he played and scored at the weekend.

You have to laugh at posters who slag off certain players whenever they do play and also somehow manage the same when they don't.
Oh! that means he didn't play extremely poorly then, surely.

Amazing at what straws posters will be clutching to avoid discussing subjects that are uncomfortable, i.e what an awful transfer he's been.

Oh! that means he didn't play extremely poorly then, surely.

Amazing at what straws posters will be clutching to avoid discussing subjects that are uncomfortable, i.e what an awful transfer he's been.

He doesn't play = Pep's not picking him because he's shit.
He does play = he's shit but Pep's too scared to drop his record signing.
He plays but doesn't score = he's shit.
He plays and scores but we don't win = he's shit.
He plays and scores and we win = yeah, but was his goal the winner? Probably not, because he's shit.

Serious question, what would have constituted a great, good or even just acceptable first season for Grealish in this team in your mind?

Bearing in mind he's never hit 10 league goals in a season, but nonetheless Pep really wanted him.

He does play = he's shit but Pep's too scared to drop his record signing.
but he doesn't play. 1 start in the last 5 in probably our most important 5 games of the season so far, equal to zinchenko. is zinchenko playing?

also what a bizarre post. I didn't say he didn't score, I said he scored and played like absolute shit despite scoring.

And an acceptable first season under pep would be ferran's last season. Poor, but got like, 5 times as many goals and assists as jack has?

but he doesn't play. 1 start in the last 5 in probably our most important 5 games of the season so far, equal to zinchenko. is zinchenko playing?

also what a bizarre post. I didn't say he didn't score, I said he scored and played like absolute shit despite scoring.

And an acceptable first season under pep would be ferran's last season. Poor, but got like, 5 times as many goals and assists as jack has?

I didn't say you said he didn't score. I pointed out that when he doesn't score that's used as an indicator that he's shit, as shown by your final paragraph there.

Our last 5 games include the 2 Atletico matches, and according to reports in the media a contributory factor in him not featuring in the second was the club's fears for his safety after opposition players threatened him in the first. And apparently he's had a knock this week that kept him on the bench last night. So it's hardly representative of his season, in which he's by and large featured in about as many games for which he's been fit as any of our other attacking players played in in their first seasons at the club.

Ferran's a promising goalscorer that the club were trying to mould into a striker. Jack's not that.

If your idea of an acceptable first season for Grealish is that he scores more Premier League goals than he ever has in any previous season, then your expectations on that metric are way too high. He was never going to join us and miraculously transform into a regular goalscorer.

Long term, is he a midfielder or left winger?

Needs people in front of him if you want to see the best of him.

He'll create chances from anywhere but he's best with space to run into and runners to pass to. At Villa on the wing he had at least one striker to aim for, plus midfield runners, and freedom to drop deep and drift central.

For you guys, and the way your team plays, I imagine he'll end up a midfielder. You won't see the best of his abilities if you're making him hold the width on the left, or if you're playing him as your furthest forward player. You've got to get him in the half-spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.