10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see him get a crack in Kevs current position. Perhaps against Copenhagen at home to give Kev a rest. He’s not suited to this left wing role.

I'd agree with that. He's good on the ball and is a good passer so may as well give him a crack in a central position to see if that can bring the best out of him.

Disappointing, but you can see he's not being able to play how and where he naturally wants to. Time.
Why do people keep saying this? Check the heat maps he is operating in practically the same spaces as he did for villa. He mainly played as a lw for villa and England like he does now for city. He is just not city standard, he has never scored or assisted goals consistently. I honestly have no idea what we saw in him

For me probably his worst game for us.
Was concerned about him last year but was told on here that judge him next year.
Sadly has not improved at all.

His goals/assists show how he's not being influential enough even though those stats alone don't always demonstrate the real impact one player may have throughout the season. There's countless of times every game where there's no end product, he always finds a way to shoot or cross against an opponent or miss a clear opportunity.
True but they buy you time/credit. If he played exactly the same but scored a dozen goals over a season, he would be given the same leeway that Mahrez gets. At the moment they are practically a mirror image on the wings but where Mahrez has had him beat hands down is goal return and until Grealish ups his, he is going to struggle to get fans on board.

I think generally our recruitment the last few years has been exemplary. Yes you could say Mendy (2 bad knee injuries)
Jack Grealish… I’m his biggest fan and will defend him to great depths but I’m starting to struggle to see the value. Flashes just aren’t enough anymore. I could make all the arguments in the world for changes in systems to help get more out of him but we are a team, we don’t play for Grealish. Tonight he was a defenders dream, stand him up and let him walk inside and then double up. Predictable and slow. I’m gutted in truth.

Actually feel sorry for him. He's a misfit in this team and offers nothing we haven't already got. Seems like Pep is snuffing the flair out of him and turned him into a robot.
I don't think it Peps fault, I think City thought he was brighter than he is and are struggling to get across what they want him to do, maybe a bulb will come on and he'll show his worth.

Sadly its probably time to let him go.

Whoever did the do diligence on Jack's intellectual qualities must have been smoking some strong shit!!

I think fans are smart enough to weigh up overall contribution without getting hung up on stats. Jack really needs to up his game from all aspects. Energy, defensive work, distribution, dribbling and yes goals and assists. He has talent but he really needs a step change in performance soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.