10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching this, his talent is incredible but the training ground and the match pitch are very different.....

Yeah, I really liked Nasri as a player. He was just frustrating because he could have done so much more with his ability.

The only comparison I meant to be making was about their inconsistency, lack of serious energy and incredible ability to retain possession.

Samir's highs with City were on an entirely different level to what Jack has produced with us so far.
Don’t get me wrong, there were other seasons where we needed someone to step up and he didn’t.

But in those two title winning season Nasri couldn’t be doubted, as your last line says.

I think Grealish has the talent, but I think his mentality is that of someone who doesn’t believe in themselves and is still a bit in awe of playing with the likes of de Bruyne. He just needs that one game where he’s selfish and forthright and bangs in an important goal or contributes throughout a game. It could be the making of him… but when will it be?

He cost £100m and at the moment isn't even putting performances I'd expect from a £10m player.

He's got to do more, when you're a wide player at Manchester City you have to deliver numbers. Everything is too safe, no precision or incision. Multiple times yesterday he received the ball with space to drive at his fullback and simply chose the easy option of a square pass.

I don't often slag off players, but I think Jack is one player we will have to take a loss on. His two biggest problems 1) he thinks he's made it. 2) couldn't be less suited to our style.
I'd have Alvarez and Palmer ahead of it.

You look at Grealsih and Mahrez they are unique for a pep player that they have a position on the pitch and never move to either side! You look at Sterling Jesus foden and now Alvarez they can play either side, so when you ain’t pulling up trees in the only position you play in a pep side it’s inevitable you going to be subbed or benched..

Also Grealish buy was city thinking Silva will be sold already and looking at option city though Grealish was thee option and why we spent 100m on him..

This is the season he has to push on and deliver big. Last season everyone said he needs 12 months to bed in like some other players before like Cancelo, Rodri etc. Also he was supposed to be much better when there is a top striker in the side he can create for. that is sorted now but its more of the same for Grealish so far.

his fitness needs to improve and the energy as well as especially his A+G stats. there is no logical explanation we should accept lesser G+A from him than Foden, Gundo, Bernardo, Mahrez per 90 minutes to even out the differences of actual game time for each player. etc. not mentioning KDB and Haaland as they will reach much higher numbers for sure but have a feeling Grealish wont be close to anyone above maybe he will same similar A+G as Rodri who is hardly a scorer or creator.

so far Villa played a blinder for selling him for 100m, and if he doesnt improve a lot this season I would go back and ask them do they want him back for something like 55-60m.

looking at Sterling and Jesus who both went for under 50m, they making things happen at new clubs and they were making things happen here for years too. Grealish rarely does that. he may have done that at Villa in Champo and for 1.5 season in PL but mostly playing in an underdog team playing for counter or in games like Villa-Soton, Villa-Fulham etc where opponents nowhere near as defensive against Villa than vs City so he would have had huge spaces every time to attack with maybe 4-5 players defending from opponent and not 11 behind the ball constantly.

he does one thing very well, shield the ball out on the left and pass it back to Cancelo, Rodri or Gundogan like 99% of the time. I dont know if thats all he can do or thats all Pep asking him to do, but its very clear Pep does not want to use overlapping fullbacks and we hardly had many runs like that in last two years from either Cancelo or Walker actually quite the opposite with them becoming inverted fullbacks, and coming centrally often rather than high and wide.

so people expecting us to buy a LB like that are expecting something that will not happen, I am pretty sure even Cucurella would have been turned into an inverted full back and played differently than he was at Brighton he was just more of a better defender/marker than Cancelo with good pressing skills but not as good with the ball and at creating chances as Cancelo.

Said he would be back at villa within 3 seasons the day he signed. At best a 6 out 10 squad player. Love to see he in blue playing well but perhaps as a number 8 role. Just don't think he is good enough and his confidence will be shot as he gets taken off as he is always playing poorly. Perhaps Villa is his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.