10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
when will it be?

That's the question I have. I still reckon it will happen but it's weird reading every week that some supporters obviously think he's already a vital part of the team. God forbid the team has a poor performance when he's not available; that's when he really seems to reach Balon d'Or level.

Last night wasn't his usual level but he'll catch a lot of flack for it, partly because he's not got enough credit in the bank yet, despite what some have been saying over the last few months.

Thought he showed some promising signs against Sevilla, but last night was yet another frustrating, impotent performance. Desperate for him to come good, but starting to feel like it just might not happen for him at City. Still think he’d do much better in a central role, but hard to argue for him starting ahead of De Bruyne, Bernardo or Gundogan as an 8 at the moment.

Thought he showed some promising signs against Sevilla, but last night was yet another frustrating, impotent performance. Desperate for him to come good, but starting to feel like it just might not happen for him at City. Still think he’d do much better in a central role, but hard to argue for him starting ahead of De Bruyne, Bernardo or Gundogan as an 8 at the moment.
You can clearly see he is not happy with his own performance so its not through want of trying. He needs space on the pitch to be effective and he ain't going to get that at city.

What did Mahrez do in comparison ? , none of our players were anywhere near their potential , but Jack appears to be the new scapegoat , from some of our fans and certianly by the media.
What has Mahrez done for us in the past? an awful lot, he has a lot of credit in the bank.

I am also tired of this narrative from his supporters that we want him to fail, that is a crock, we all want him to succeed, it's vital for our club he does and that is the only thing that matters.

You can clearly see he is not happy with his own performance so its not through want of trying. He needs space on the pitch to be effective and he ain't going to get that at city.

I think he gets plenty of space out wide but with no overlapping full back and no burst of pace it just makes him easy to predict.

Sterling’s numbers at Chelsea are similar to Grealish’s at City.

Grealish is good if we’re taking the piss. Or we are winning and need to control the pace. That’s when he should be used.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not but Sterling has scored as many Chelsea goals as Grealish has City goals

What did Mahrez do in comparison ? , none of our players were anywhere near their potential , but Jack appears to be the new scapegoat , from some of our fans and certianly by the media.
He's become the new scapegoat because most blues have been underwhelmed and disappointed with his overall contribution thus far. I never wanted to sign him as i didn't think we needed him and didn't think he'd suit our style. I certainly want him to succeed though and prove me wrong the same that Rodri has done.

Grealish needs to stop freewheeling down the left touchline looking like he hasn't got a care in the world and roll his sleeves up sharpish. He looks like he lacks hunger and desire to me, and the sooner be wipes that smug grin from his mush the better.

Grealish is taking flak for playing in an extended midfield (Rodrigo, Gundogan, de Bruyne, Mahrez) that was as slow as a week in Strangeways. Each player was taking 2-3 touches more than necessary and slowing everything to the point where it looked as if we were buffering. Couple that with two fullbacks who offer no width and you get a team that is easier to contain.

The sooner he is tried in midfield with Foden. Bernardo, and Rodri, the better, even if it is just to get him on the ball and to get his confidence up.

Pep playing him out on the left wing is killing him in my opinion
So where does he play? He surely doesn't deserve to start ahead of KDB, gundo or Bernardo. And as per reports , we are going for more midfielders next summer.
His mentality is weak. It's like he is on the field only to draw fouls and play safe passes. No idea what's wrong with him. He has done absolutely nothing impressive that i can remember and time is running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.