10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Raz put in this type of performance week in, week out. Oh the horror! The insults he would receive would be fucking brutal but alas, it's Super "Ibiza boy" Jack.

He did,hence why he's gone,unfortunately for Grealish he be heading out as well at this rate,just not happening for him,and it is showing big time.

What did Mahrez do in comparison ? , none of our players were anywhere near their potential , but Jack appears to be the new scapegoat , from some of our fans and certianly by the media.
I’m not saying Mahrez did much either but at least he’s had a decent City career so far and can actually make things happen in the final 3rd. Starting those 2 together does neither of them any favours as our play becomes so narrow and slow down both sides. It’s made even worse by fullbacks who don’t overlap too.

" Bernardo is much more subdued when he starts on a wing compared to when he is given the freedom to roam."

That's simply not true, even out wide his work off the ball is insane.
When he’s tasked with sitting on a wing from the start, he can only move in a restricted area of the pitch, so he is naturally more subdued. That’s not a criticism of him or any player, just a natural consequence of what happens; the same happened last night with de Bruyne when he was pushed out wide. The player on the right also tends to have the luxury of a right-footed fullback underlapping or overlapping him, which the player on the left rarely has. We only used Grealish in the attacking midfield position 3-4 times last season, but I still think that’s where his future lies.

Last edited:
He did,hence why he's gone,unfortunately for Grealish he be heading out as well at this rate,just not happening for him,and it is showing big time.
If he did he wouldn't have the goal record he has with us. I know he's gone and he wasn't everyone's favourite but can we at least try to be honest with ourselves? No need to rewrite history especially when it's so recent.

I don’t think he is as clever as I thought at finding space against tight defences. I am surprised he has not improved since we bought him. Last night was the first time I have thought he may not make an elite level player. He is so far behind Bernardo and Foden. He is still working hard though, unlike Mahrez who was much worse last night.

When he’s tasked with sitting on a wing from the start, he can only move in a restricted area of the pitch, so he is naturally More subdued subdued. That’s not a criticism of him or any player, just a natural consequence of what happens; the same happened last night with de Bruyne when he was pushed out wide. The player on the right also tends to have the luxury of a right-footed fullback underlapping or overlapping him, which the player on the left rarely has. We only used Grealish in the attacking midfield position 3-4 times last season, but I still think that’s where his future lies.
Even out wide Bernardo contributes so much, his protection of the full back is superb, Grealish simply does not have the stamina to do that as effectively.

Last edited:
If he did he wouldn't have the goal record he has with us. I know he's gone and he wasn't everyone's favourite but can we at least try to be honest with ourselves? No need to rewrite history especially when it's so recent.

Forget the records,he didn't do what was asked,was dropped,sulked,and eventually shipped out,don't kid yourself,Pep would have kept him and fought tooth and nail if he thought he could do better,he clearly didn't want to.

Exactly the same way as Grealish will go,if he starts sulking that is.

I see a lot of similarities between Jack Grealish and when we sold Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea. He seemed happier playing for a club he loved and the fans loved him. Was sold for a large transfer fee, then struggled to make an impact at an elite club.

When Wright-Phillips went to Chelsea it felt like the heart had been ripped out of our club. It pissed me off seeing our most exciting player wasting away on their bench. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Jack Grealish end back up at Villa for a knockdown price.

What did Mahrez do in comparison ? , none of our players were anywhere near their potential , but Jack appears to be the new scapegoat , from some of our fans and certianly by the media.
The media have Grealish as a scapegoat?

The media are very anti us as well all know well but to be fair I think they have given Grealish a fairly easy ride, if only because as a club/team we have remained Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.