10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the records,he didn't do what was asked,was dropped,sulked,and eventually shipped out,don't kid yourself,Pep would have kept him and fought tooth and nail if he thought he could do better,he clearly didn't want to.

Exactly the same way as Grealish will go,if he starts sulking that is.
The records were his contributions to our numerous title winning seasons, sorry but he was an integral part of the team. Not sure how anyone can choose to "forget the records", that's like someone talking about City not winning the UCL and some pundits says " Forget Pep's pl titles, he hasn't won the UCL with City", I bet we would all go crazy if someone says that, right?

I see a lot of similarities between Jack Grealish and when we sold Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea. He seemed happier playing for a club he loved and the fans loved him. Was sold for a large transfer fee, then struggled to make an impact at an elite club.

When Wright-Phillips went to Chelsea it felt like the heart had been ripped out of our club. It pissed me off seeing our most exciting player wasting away on their bench. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Jack Grealish end back up at Villa for a knockdown price.
Great point, very similar, loved SWP but he to was a good player in a poor team, he was not a top, elite player.

The records were his contributions to our numerous title winning seasons, sorry but he was a very integral part of the team. Not sure how anyone can choose to "forget the records", that's like someone talking about City not winning the UCL and some pundits says " Forget Pep's pl titles, he hasn't won the UCL", I bet we would all go crazy if someone says that, right?

Not going over old ground,he's gone and that's that.

This is the Grealish thread,and my point being he's heading the same way,that's why I used the Sterling situation.

It shows the lack understanding of peps philosophy when people attack individuals to the extent I have just read on this thread.

When Grealish and Mahrez received the ball in the first half they had no options. Pep does not allow dribbling if there are 3 defenders or have no support.. so they recycled

Dortmund were great at stopping quick transition hence we struggled to get in areas where we could overload.

Easy for people to see the symptoms and not the cause.

Kdp and Gundog both failed to find pockets of space and make runs into the area.

Agbonlabor made a great summation of the game on Talksort this morning, unfortunately many posters prefer to pick out individuals as they cannot see a bigger picture.

Not the best comparison though

Listen,I get it,you are still grieving over the departure of Sterling.

But there have been plenty others who have contributed to our recent success,don't for one minute think it was all down to Sterling,or you will be forever in grief.

And it was yourself who brought him into the conversation

It shows the lack understanding of peps philosophy when people attack individuals to the extent I have just read on this thread.

When Grealish and Mahrez received the ball in the first half they had no options. Pep does not allow dribbling if there are 3 defenders or have no support.. so they recycled

Dortmund were great at stopping quick transition hence we struggled to get in areas where we could overload.

Easy for people to see the symptoms and not the cause.

Kdp and Gundog both failed to find pockets of space and make runs into the area.

Agbonlabor made a great summation of the game on Talksort this morning, unfortunately many posters prefer to pick out individuals as they cannot see a bigger picture.
To a point mate i totally agree with you. In terms of when they got the ball their options were very limited at times due to the fullbacks. Ironically those 2 got us out of jail. Great ball from Cancelo but Pep and us got very lucky when Stones hit a worldie. I very much suspect his last throw of the dice would have been Gomez on with 10 to go for Stones or another centre half had we not equalised.

Where i disagree though is that they always had 2 or 3 to beat. I was sat behind Grealish first half and plenty of times we got him one on one with the fullback and he did nothing. Now we know Mahrez isn’t really a player to go driving past people but on his day and he’s had plenty, he can produce half a yard for a great finish or supply a great ball in. If Grealish isn’t going to start beating his man when one on one then wow 100M for ball retention out on the left is mind blowing! He doesn’t often create half a yard and finish or produce the kind of balls Mahrez can and has done. Playing them both together helps neither of them though.

You look at Grealsih and Mahrez they are unique for a pep player that they have a position on the pitch and never move to either side! You look at Sterling Jesus foden and now Alvarez they can play either side, so when you ain’t pulling up trees in the only position you play in a pep side it’s inevitable you going to be subbed or benched..

Also Grealish buy was city thinking Silva will be sold already and looking at option city though Grealish was thee option and why we spent 100m on him..
Thanks txiki, always nice to get some insight behind the scenes. Can you tell me why he hasn't played in midfield is that's why you bought him?

It's September.

He's been injured.

He's started 3 games.

And no, he didn't play brilliantly last night. But he didn't play badly either. He was pretty much shut down by Dortmund - as were Mahrez and Gundo - which is why Pep made the subs that he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.