10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having thought about it more I personally feel grealish is at his best in transition. I think his best game for us thus far has been against United last season where United where set up to attack us and we blew them away. He had plenty of space in that game and thrived.

The way we play with such a controlled and methodical build up certainly doesn’t suit his game nor does the fact we play against a deep block most weeks.

Personally think he would be better suited at a Chelsea/United type side who often have the space to attack and like to use quick counter attacks.

I also don’t buy this nonesene that he would be better suited to a cm role here. Look at his heat maps he is operating in pretty much exactly the same areas as he has done for villa and England. He doesn’t have the intelligence, work rate or tackling ability to play cm for us.

Right now he is basically mahrez without the goal and assists. I very much doubt he will ever fit in at city especially as he is 27 and seemingly doesn’t exactly live the life away from the game. I feel he has probably peaked and we would should look to move him on next summer.

Sometimes your face just doesn’t fit

We've had top class recruitment for years. But Grealish is on course to be one of the biggest flops of all time unfortunately. I was hoping the signing of Haaland would help. But his performances have actually regressed from even last season.

The question is, how long will it take before we cut our losses?

I think he’s terrified of upsetting Pep, he’s obviously been told at all costs don’t lose the ball, if the opposition don’t have it they can’t score. I’d like to seem him have a go on the right to cross the ball in more maybe. I think he’d be best given a free role but unfortunately he has 3 superior plays in front of him. I have a feeling if he’s not kicked on by the end of this season, we may look to offload him next summer.

We've had top class recruitment for years. But Grealish is on course to be one of the biggest flops of all time unfortunately. I was hoping the signing of Haaland would help. But his performances have actually regressed from even last season.

When Pep says he doesn't want him so not anytime soon.

If we where to try and offload Grealish, realistically what kind of fee do people think we could get for him.

When Pep says he doesn't want him so not anytime soon.
I think it's naive to suggest that the fees involved won't have any impact on how much time he is afforded. Even if Pep or the club have realised by now that signing him was a mistake. Not sure that means he will be sold anytime soon. Much easier to discard a Angelino than a Grealish.

Whilst he was poor last night, he wasn’t alone, and that set up hung him out to dry.

I think it's naive to suggest that the fees involved won't have any impact on how much time he is afforded. Even if Pep or the club have realised by now that signing him was a mistake. Not sure that means he will be sold anytime soon. Much easier to discard a Angelino than a Grealish.
I think it's stupid to think Pep picks a team based on anything but winning as many games as possible. If you think he'd pick a weaker team based on nothing but what the club payed for a player then he wouldn't have won nearly the amount of games and trophies he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.