10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said if he's doing what Pep want he'll pick him if he isn't he won't As long as he's being picked we can assume he's doing whats required for the team and manager. Whether he's doing what fans or posters here think he should be doing is neither here nor there.
He plays when Pep is worried about control of the game, which means he generally plays in the bigger games making it harder for his goal/assist output.

He plays when Pep is worried about control of the game, which means he generally plays in the bigger games making it harder for his goal/assist output.
Yes I keep going back to Peps quotes post Newcastle when he mentioned Foden needing to learn that control and naming Grealish and Mahrez a 2 players that give him that control to prevent counters.

Yes I keep going back to Peps quotes post Newcastle when he mentioned Foden needing to learn that control and naming Grealish and Mahrez a 2 players that give him that control to prevent counters.
He just needs to learn the timing to attack better when he has the ball. He’s slightly over cautious for me still. Needs confidence to do it.

He just needs to learn the timing to attack better when he has the ball. He’s slightly over cautious for me still. Needs confidence to do it.
To be fair I think Foden and Grealish both need to learn to get that balance right, in the same way Bernardo seems to get it instintively. I'm sure that's being worked on and they'll get it.
What we need to remember is they will be being asked to do things differently to last season purely because playing Haaland instead of a false 9 reduces that control we had last season and Pep will want to get as much control as he can from others.

Doesn’t mean that he can retain information, does it?

We’re all pretty obsessed with football and probably watch far more than the players ever do, yet we’re still shit at it!

Would you describe someone as an encyclopedia of a subject if they couldn't retain information about it?

Grealish is a talent but he came back after summer in poor shape and not focused, probably because of his party boy lifestyle. He has had niggling injuries but his recovery from them will be impacted by his behaviour off the pitch. He doesn't seem to realise he is not at Villa any more, he is at an elite club. If he doesn't sort himself out quickly Pep will dump him. Pep has a track record of being ruthless. I defended him all last season but I have seen too many players over the years waste opportunities because they think they are bigger than the club.

That simply is not true.

Something I might read in the Mail.

He came back in great shape

To be fair I think Foden and Grealish both need to learn to get that balance right, in the same way Bernardo seems to get it instintively. I'm sure that's being worked on and they'll get it.
What we need to remember is they will be being asked to do things differently to last season purely because playing Haaland instead of a false 9 reduces that control we had last season and Pep will want to get as much control as he can from others.
Merge them together and we have the perfect Pep winger. One with the pausa that can also be direct.

Would you describe someone as an encyclopedia of a subject if they couldn't retain information about it?
I wouldn’t call anyone an encyclopaedia, in all probability.

Would you call Dean Smith the editor of Who’s Who, when it comes to football? ;-)

Jack obviously knows ball. He thinks KDB is the best player in the league.

We could all have a good go at applying to be the official encyclopaedia of football. It still doesn‘t make us very good at playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.