10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to disagree. He seems unable to complete 90 minutes these days. He seemed keen to get off on Wednesday. He just looks unfit to me….though admittedly not as unfit as Mahrez. Why isn’t he playing more then? I want him to succeed but he has to turn things round. I think he is a great player.

I disagreed explicitly with your remarks on how he returned to pre season. I did not mention his form.

If the goal of football was to shoot straight at an opponent's shin the lad would have been the greatest player of all time. unbelievable ability to find that shin every time, it's like a magnet
You're forgetting Navas the master of hitting the first shin he sees. Jack is a mere apprentice

I’m not sure anyone thinks Grealish is anywhere near being a “generational talent”.

We‘ve allowed Haaland to play his natural game as it suits us to do so. It doesn’t suit us to let Grealish play how he always had at Villa.

It’s difficult to teach someone who doesn’t know what a thesaurus is or what symmetrical means.

I’m still hopeful that the penny may drop at some point for him.
You cant teach a stupid dog new tricks?

Is your CV ready to go for when the great man leaves? Sounds like we’ve got an upgrade of manager raring to go. :-)
Sorry for having an opinion on a City forum about City. Glad he never ever makes a mistake and nobody can disagree because as the best manager we’ve ever had a fan doesn’t know half as much as Pep. Like saying don’t say a player had a bad game because he’s better than you.

Yes, he's well known for nonsense and not understanding how the counter attacks develop and the best way to minimise them.
Yeah, if Grealish was left side of midfield instead of Foden we wouldn’t have been getting destroyed for 25 minutes down the other side whilst Walker was having a great time next to Rodders in midfield. Or if only Mahrez was on the right that day instead of that lazy get Bernie who constantly gives the ball away.

Sorry for having an opinion on a City forum about City. Glad he never ever makes a mistake and nobody can disagree because as the best manager we’ve ever had a fan doesn’t know half as much as Pep. Like saying don’t say a player had a bad game because he’s better than you.
I think you may have missed my sarcasm mate, don’t sweat it.

Ultimately Pep is the guy who decides whether he’s playing well or not and will pick him if he thinks he’s the best option.

He's become the new scapegoat because most blues have been underwhelmed and disappointed with his overall contribution thus far. I never wanted to sign him as i didn't think we needed him and didn't think he'd suit our style. I certainly want him to succeed though and prove me wrong the same that Rodri has done.

Grealish needs to stop freewheeling down the left touchline looking like he hasn't got a care in the world and roll his sleeves up sharpish. He looks like he lacks hunger and desire to me, and the sooner be wipes that smug grin from his mush the better.
Agree , we didnt need him we have better alternatives for the left winger position and Palmer who has great potential , his best position is as a play maker a No.8 or No.10 the position he played for Villa , but he isnt getting in the team before KDB ,Gundo , Bernardo or Foden. Its a make or break season for him.

Up his game in who's opinion the manager or some posters on bluemoon ? Because the manager seems fairly happy.

You say that but - as with Sterling in latter years - I believe there’s a growing temptation to leave him out of key games.

He’ll still get plenty of games as an important squad member but would he be in the starting XI if we played a cup final tomorrow?

Stand by what I said around 6-9 months ago. The only way he works is as an 8 but at the moment he is literally 5th choice in that position. Which could change next year when Bernardo goes and if Gundo does. He’s got the talent but he has massively flattered to deceive since making the move and I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him shipped at the end of the year if he doesn’t improve.

I thought at the time, and I still do now, that us and the rags went for the wrong players. Sancho would have been better for us and Grealish better for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.