10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand by what I said around 6-9 months ago. The only way he works is as an 8 but at the moment he is literally 5th choice in that position. Which could change next year when Bernardo goes and if Gundo does. He’s got the talent but he has massively flattered to deceive since making the move and I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him shipped at the end of the year if he doesn’t improve.

I thought at the time, and I still do now, that us and the rags went for the wrong players. Sancho would have been better for us and Grealish better for them.
Yeah, in fairness to Sancho he’s starting to play pretty well. Only thing that’s surprised me with him is he’s not that quick. At youth level for us he was rapid.

We will have to disagree. He seems unable to complete 90 minutes these days. He seemed keen to get off on Wednesday. He just looks unfit to me….though admittedly not as unfit as Mahrez. Why isn’t he playing more then? I want him to succeed but he has to turn things round. I think he is a great player.
He got injured in the second game of the season against Bournemouth and has only just returned from that injury

He got injured in the second game of the season against Bournemouth and has only just returned from that injury
Ok fair enough. I want him to be a success. What frustrates me is that he and Mahrez are possibly our best technical players but they need to work more. Grealish can be a world-beater but he has to be more hungry.

Seems even more bizarre when you think we spent 100m on a 25 year old with two years and 62 apps of top flight experience. Even now he has more championship apps than premier league.

The people who hate him often tend to forget why he was signed..

Bernardo wanted to leave

So his main purpose was going to be double pivot and box to box midfielder that eases the pressure on our defenders when we build from the back.. and takes the ball upfield.

Bernardo almost never loses the ball and what is Grealish really good at? never losing the ball.

He often runs into the same positions Gundogan and Bernardo take up.

I think he'll never really be appreciated while Bernardo and Gundogan are here, but as its very likely that we lose both after this season.. Grealish picks up the slack and we've seamlessly transitioned to Grealish as the left center mid.

The strange thing is if you remember Gundo used to get a lot of hate and called names but after David Silva moved on.. you all saw how important Gundogan was to the system. We didn't really appreciate him till Fernandinho went down and he filled in as a 6 in 18-19. But now he's our captain!

Bottom line is neither Bernardo nor Grealish are 20 assist/ 20 goal midfielders.

Strange the lad hasn’t kicked on since the 7-0 win over Leeds in December last year which was his best game in a City shirt imo, Grealish will just have to reinvent himself to stay at City, fuck knows how he does it though.

Bernardo wanted to leave

So his main purpose was going to be double pivot and box to box midfielder that eases the pressure on our defenders when we build from the back.. and takes the ball upfield.

Bernardo almost never loses the ball and what is Grealish really good at? never losing the ball.

I think he'll never really be appreciated while Bernardo and Gundogan are here, but as its very likely that we lose both after this season.. Grealish picks up the slack and we've seamlessly transitioned to Grealish as the left center mid.

The strange thing is if you remember Gundo used to get a lot of hate and called names but after David Silva moved on.. you all saw how important Gundogan was to the system. We didn't really appreciate him till Fernandinho went down and he filled in as a 6 in 18-19. But now he's our captain!

Bottom line is neither Bernardo nor Grealish are 20 assist/ 20 goal midfielders.
At last a decent post.
The anti Grealish mob are getting right on my tits today.
T

Bernardo wanted to leave

Bottom line is, we all know whose the best out of the 2

Thats not a bottom line really though,its a worry,especially if Bernardo does leave next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.