10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is, we all know whose the best out of the 2

Thats not a bottom line really though,its a worry,especially if Bernardo does leave next summer
And with city briefing this week we are going big for a midfielder next it shoots down the argument grealish is going to be our star man in midfield.

We will have to disagree. He seems unable to complete 90 minutes these days. He seemed keen to get off on Wednesday. He just looks unfit to me….though admittedly not as unfit as Mahrez. Why isn’t he playing more then? I want him to succeed but he has to turn things round. I think he is a great player.
He had a ligament injury and it is serious one. I doubt that the doctor will ever allow him to play more than 60min. Notably he also tried to avoid body contact after returning from injury and Ake did not pass to him when he had pressure from behind - which was common before the injury. I suspect that it was doctor order.

i don't want to use it as excuses but actual his return from ligament injury was a rapid one.

And with city briefing this week we are going big for a midfielder next it shoots down the argument grealish is going to be our star man in midfield.
Have they briefed that? Even if we do though we might be replacing 2 midfielders next summer so it doesn’t really shoot down any argument about either Foden or Grealish moving more central.
My guess is if Gundogan and Bernardo left we’d buy one midfielder and a winger and move Foden or Grealish central. Only a guess though.

The people who hate him often tend to forget why he was signed..

Bernardo wanted to leave

So his main purpose was going to be double pivot and box to box midfielder that eases the pressure on our defenders when we build from the back.. and takes the ball upfield.

Bernardo almost never loses the ball and what is Grealish really good at? never losing the ball.

He often runs into the same positions Gundogan and Bernardo take up.

I think he'll never really be appreciated while Bernardo and Gundogan are here, but as its very likely that we lose both after this season.. Grealish picks up the slack and we've seamlessly transitioned to Grealish as the left center mid.

The strange thing is if you remember Gundo used to get a lot of hate and called names but after David Silva moved on.. you all saw how important Gundogan was to the system. We didn't really appreciate him till Fernandinho went down and he filled in as a 6 in 18-19. But now he's our captain!

Bottom line is neither Bernardo nor Grealish are 20 assist/ 20 goal midfielders.

But, Grealish hasn’t played more than 5 minutes in what is over 40 games got the club centrally. Don’t think he’s even been given a minute centrally even in cup games against lower league opposition.

But, Grealish hasn’t played more than 5 minutes in what is over 40 games got the club centrally. Don’t think he’s even been given a minute centrally even in cup games against lower league opposition.
Not true. He started centrally against Liverpool in our FA cup semi last season. Did not play well there then switched position after half time.

Would be great in like Nottingham Forrest tonight, or in the Bundesliga. I am having a hard time seeing how he can be a (total) success in a top PL side if he needs to have everything structured, around him only.

A few of the posts/posters on here are coming across like they want him to fail so they can be proved right that they thought he'd never succeed in this team.

The last thing he needs at the ground is the murmurs and grumblings that happened with Sterling.

It's early in the season and he's coming back from injury so support the lad and encourage him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.