10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should stop expecting he’s going to bang in 15 goals a season. Hopefully he gets more than last year but i accept finishing just isn’t his strong point

But he is certainly talented enough to carve out a few great chances every game for others to score as long as he plays with intent and being direct, there’s not many better at that. Any player that can do that can still be a big difference maker without scoring consistently.

Apart from 1 or 2 seasons, David Silva was mostly only getting 4 or 6 league goals a season but nobody minded because his other quality’s made up for it. Grealish has enough quality to override the fact he isn’t a great goal scorer, he just has to utilise those abilities more than last season. Not that I’m starting a comparison of who’s better etc.

I think we should stop expecting he’s going to bang in 15 goals a season. Hopefully he gets more than last year but i accept finishing just isn’t his strong point

But he is certainly talented enough to carve out a few great chances every game for others to score as long as he plays with intent and being direct, there’s not many better at that. Any player that can do that can still be a big difference maker without scoring consistently.

Apart from 1 or 2 seasons, David Silva was mostly only getting 4 or 6 league goals a season but nobody minded because his other quality’s made up for it. Grealish has enough quality to override the fact he isn’t a great goal scorer, he just has to utilise those abilities more than last season. Not that I’m starting a comparison of who’s better etc.

His last and best season at Villa, he got 6 goals and 12 assists.

For all people have called him a bench player for us, he got more minutes for us last season than he did for Villa the season before (due to injury that year).

At Villa when he was on the pitch, things went through him to a greater extent than they do with us, because of the standards elsewhere on the pitch for both teams.

Equally, the higher quality of teammates at City should balance that out by being more likely to finish the chances he creates and find him when he's in good positions.

He got 18 G/A in less than 2000 PL minutes for Villa. Now he's settled and comfortable in the team and we have a proper striker for him to work with, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to be aiming for at least broadly similar stats with us.

Tbh as long as the chance creation stays high and he keeps running at defenders I'm not that bothered about the exact number of goals. It's obviously important to him and he'll have a number in mind, I think 10 is something to work towards but won't consider him a failure if he doesn't hit it.

What is also clear he is a star off the field and already you can see he is helping the new lads settle in and his humour is very evident. Very good signs for our Jack the lad.
I think this is spot on and maybe a bit understated. Having a big character like Jack in the dressing room translates to the pitch imo. Haaland's interview last night spoke volumes about the kind of teammate Jack is. We're lucky to have him.

My analysis last season was he was very creative but we didn’t have a striker to capitalise on that.

Grealish & Haaland look to be a very interesting partnership so far.

I think Grealish will nail down the left wing spot this season and flourish with the extra minutes Sterling & Jesus leaving will provide.

In a long long future, when KDB is retired and we have our youngsters left - considering yesterday's tactics and etc. it's easy to see Jack as N10 and playing that exact same position, KDB plays, but with a little difference:

Yesterday we played like that:

--------------Rodri-----------------------
------------------------Bernie------------
----------KDB------------------------------
Mahrez--------Haaland---------Grealish

So Mancity 2025 / 2016 maybe:

------Macatee (or josh Adam :D <3)---
---------------------------Grealish--------
Palmer--------Haaland---------Foden---

Pep can try it even this season, if KDB is injured or rotated:

------Bernardo----------------------------
Mahrez--------Haaland---------Foden---

In a long long future, when KDB is retired and we have our youngsters left - considering yesterday's tactics and etc. it's easy to see Jack as N10 and playing that exact same position, KDB plays, but with a little difference:

Yesterday we played like that:

------------------------Bernie------------
----------KDB------------------------------
Mahrez--------Haaland---------Grealish

So Mancity 2025 / 2016 maybe:

------Macatee (or josh Adam :D <3)---
Palmer--------Haaland---------Foden---

Pep can try it even this season, if KDB is injured or rotated:

------Bernardo----------------------------
Mahrez--------Haaland---------Foden---
I'd sooner give Foden that central 10 position over Jack.

I wouldn't play McAtee in the midfield 2, that's just not where his game is at, he would best be molded into the 10 position as well.

We are lucky to have him. Great athlete, great personality & causes total mayhem on the pitch. He will be one of our stand out players this season

Hes different from other players we have in that he looks up and picks players out with crosses rather then playing it into a space. With Haaland making the right runs it should be assists galore.

He will thrive having a striker up there to feed. How frustrating must it be as a direct player always wanted to create to look up and see nobody to play off like last season?

Not calling it a shit tactic because it’s not, I loved watching us control games because of it but having Haaland - a guy who runs in behind, can play one-twos and generally has good link up play - will only benefit the more creative-minded players.

Grealish will be mega this season and nail down a spot in the team. I’m sure of it. Can’t wait to see it.

Plus he seems a bit of a ledge in the dressing room as well which is helpful. Another example of why we can’t see things how the media want us to all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.