10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, that’s your and others view of what’s expected from him to be classed as a match winner. It’s not mine and seldom does this particular version of City rely on any individual to win a game on their own.
Wasting your breathe.
City fans, seemingly above all fans, like to have a player they dont like. Whether it was ian bowyer, richard edhill, joe corrigan, a certain section will always have a player they moan about and basically dislike.
For a lot, at the mo, its grealish.

Again, that’s your and others view of what’s expected from him to be classed as a match winner. It’s not mine and seldom does this particular version of City rely on any individual to win a game on their own.
This, this & a bit more of this

We are the ultimate TEAM, not 11 individuals where someone will need to be a ‘match winner’ on their own

We have a ‘process’ to pull the opposition all over the show with cleaver movement & positioning, which then creates openings. Grealish is a huge part of that process

I might sound like a **** here, but those who can’t, or refuse to see that Grealish is top quality footballer & a huge part of why we win so many games must be stuck in 1990’s kick & rush style Football or something

Thankfully we’re in 2022 & play a much more sophisticated brand of football, which it seems maybe too sophisticated for some to understand

Apologies to anyone who I’ve offended with my last 2 paragraphs, but if the cap fits ;)

This, this & a bit more of this

We are the ultimate TEAM, not 11 individuals where someone will need to be a ‘match winner’ on their own

We have a ‘process’ to pull the opposition all over the show with cleaver movement & positioning, which then creates openings. Grealish is a huge part of that process

I might sound like a **** here, but those who can’t, or refuse to see that Grealish is top quality footballer & a huge part of why we win so many games must be stuck in 1990’s kick & rush style Football or something

Thankfully we’re in 2022 & play a much more sophisticated brand of football, which it seems maybe too sophisticated for some to understand

Apologies to anyone who I’ve offended with my last 2 paragraphs, but if the cap fits ;)

But that’s total horse shit though isn’t it..

Yes, we are a team, maybe the best team there has been in the PL.

But on countless occasions, we’ve relied on individual brilliance to win a game. Tight, evenly contested games are more often than not decided by a moment of brilliance by a special player.

Grealish has been decent so far, his form did drop, but he looks sharp again. That doesn’t mean fans can’t expect a little magic like we’ve seen from De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo et al on many an occasion.

We didn’t sign Grealish to be a cog, we signed him to add to the side, not supplement it.

We sign players like Ake or Phillips to supplement the squad, we sign high end forwards to be difference makers.

But on countless occasions, we’ve relied on individual brilliance to win a game. Tight, evenly contested games are more often than not decided by a moment of brilliance by a special player.

Grealish has been decent so far, his form did drop, but he looks sharp again. That doesn’t mean fans can’t expect a little magic like we’ve seen from De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo et al on many an occasion.

We didn’t sign Grealish to be a cog, we signed him to add to the side, not supplement it.

We sign players like Ake or Phillips to supplement the squad, we sign high end forwards to be difference makers.
"Supplement" and "add to" mean the same thing.

Agree to disagree in that case my friend as it seems you will die on the hill of it’s about how individuals play & I’ll die on the hill of it really doesn’t matter who scores & assists as long as we win as I believe every player in our team is an important cog, each supplementing each other’s game :)

So its nothing to do with the outcome, its all about the individual contributions? Best team to ever grace the premier league and could well smash every record there is this season, yet you want more individual brilliance from one player who clearly has been playing very well this season so far. Thankfully Pep understands.

So its nothing to do with the outcome, its all about the individual contributions? Best team to ever grace the premier league and could well smash every record there is this season, yet you want more individual brilliance from one player who clearly has been playing very well this season so far. Thankfully Pep understands.

You’re right in one aspect. Pep does seem to understand, and when we’re relying on a moment of individual brilliance or some magic, Grealish is either taken off or left on the bench. See last seasons run in.

Grealish has his role in the side, but how any football fan doesn't think on occasion games are won through a moment of individual brilliance is frankly bizarre.

And please tell me where I’ve said it’s not about outcome…
We normally rely on the team to attain the required outcome, but we also often rely on something brilliant for the breakthrough.

Did we buy Haaland to be a cog, or did we buy Haaland to be a difference maker?

I think fans are doing Grealish a disservice if they think he’s just here to be another cog. He himself has said he’s disappointed with his productivity so far at City.

Last edited:
You’re right in one aspect. Pep does seem to understand, and when we’re relying on a moment of individual brilliance or some magic, Grealish is either taken off or left on the bench. See last seasons run in.

Grealish has his role in the side, but how any football fan doesn't think on occasion games are won through a moment of individual brilliance is frankly bizarre.

We normally rely on the team to attain the required outcome, but we also often rely on something brilliant for the breakthrough.
I agree about last season, his form did dip and i think its fair to question his contribution last season. I think he worked hard in the summer and came back looking sharp and has looked good since coming back from injury. Some people just refuse to see it though and after having some really good games (his best form since he joined) recently, they jump on him after a nil nil draw, with 10 men and a missed pen by Mahrez, and that for me is absolute bollocks.

Did we buy Haaland to be a cog, or did we buy Haaland to be a difference maker?

I think fans are doing Grealish a disservice if they think he’s just here to be another cog. He himself has said he’s disappointed with his productivity so far at City.
Did we buy Phillips to be a difference maker or a cog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.