10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a similar price to Haaland. Not sure the price tag dictates whether a player is a cog or a match winner, is all I was suggesting.

I’ve never mentioned Grealish’s fee, he didn’t set it, but he did dictate his huge wage and we did pay the record fee. Both woujd suggest that both he & us were expecting star man rather than useful squad man.

But that’s total horse shit though isn’t it..

Yes, we are a team, maybe the best team there has been in the PL.

But on countless occasions, we’ve relied on individual brilliance to win a game. Tight, evenly contested games are more often than not decided by a moment of brilliance by a special player.

Grealish has been decent so far, his form did drop, but he looks sharp again. That doesn’t mean fans can’t expect a little magic like we’ve seen from De Bruyne, Foden, Bernardo et al on many an occasion.

We didn’t sign Grealish to be a cog, we signed him to add to the side, not supplement it.

We sign players like Ake or Phillips to supplement the squad, we sign high end forwards to be difference makers.
How do you know what pep signed grealish for?
Hes said all along that he doesnt expect goals off him as he never scored loads at villa.

You dont rate him, fine. Dont be blinded by his fee though. If you get wound up about fees and wages then modern football isnt for you

How do you know what pep signed grealish for?
Hes said all along that he doesnt expect goals off him as he never scored loads at villa.

You dont rate him, fine. Dont be blinded by his fee though. If you get wound up about fees and wages then modern football isnt for you

Sorry, have you quoted the wrong post? What you’ve said has nothing to do with what I’ve said.

However, if you don’t think Pep wants goal
contributions from his forwards, then I totally disagree.

Sorry, have you quoted the wrong post? What you’ve said has nothing to do with what I’ve said.

Guardiola dismissed Grealish’s statistics. “We didn’t sign for the incredible goals or assists at Aston Villa. It was another reason and when he played he did it. I want [him] to make goals and assists and he does too. But it’s not about that, it’s about his contribution without the ball and what he can produce for the other ones.”

Guardiola is not concerned if Grealish is criticised from outside the club. “Always I say to them: ‘You know exactly how you played, what we were looking for – what was the plan of the game, if it works or didn’t work,’” he said. “‘So you don’t have to listen to what people say, whether you played good or bad. You know and every one of us knows if you did your best on this specific day.’”

Pep’s first sentence kinda debunks your theory about him being bought for his assists & goals bud

Also seems like Pep doesn’t care too much about who gets the goal contributions as long as each player sticks to the plan of the game

Sorry the money bit was meant for someone else

But the question of why pep signed grealish… how would you know? Cog or to add? Only pep knows. Given he said he didnt sign him for goals suggests its cog

Guardiola dismissed Grealish’s statistics. “We didn’t sign for the incredible goals or assists at Aston Villa. It was another reason and when he played he did it. I want [him] to make goals and assists and he does too. But it’s not about that, it’s about his contribution without the ball and what he can produce for the other ones.”

Guardiola is not concerned if Grealish is criticised from outside the club. “Always I say to them: ‘You know exactly how you played, what we were looking for – what was the plan of the game, if it works or didn’t work,’” he said. “‘So you don’t have to listen to what people say, whether you played good or bad. You know and every one of us knows if you did your best on this specific day.’”

Pep’s first sentence kinda debunks your theory about him being bought for his assists & goals bud

Also seems like Pep doesn’t care too much about who gets the goal contributions as long as each player sticks to the plan of the game

It’s a press conference, he’s defending his player. What any manager says needs to be taken with a punch if salt. He’s not Mourinho, he’s never going to throw him under the bus. Thankfully.

Pep indicated with his team
selections in the run in last year, that Grealish was not performing at the level he required.

He was left out if all the key games..
mDont think it’s a stretch to say that management would/will looking for a greater contribution.

Mahrez is way out of form. Jesus and Sterling have gone, and Grealish still isn’t anywhere near to a certainty.

Are you not entertained?

Seriously, we are the only unbeaten team in the league, champions, and recognised internationally as the world's best team, or one of them. Why the hell are we still arguing about one cog in a well-oiled machine, when that machine is running like a dream? The best architects need master craftsmen and hod-carriers: all work as one to build the beauty before us.

It’s a press conference, he’s defending his player. What any manager says needs to be taken with a punch if salt. He’s not Mourinho, he’s never going to throw him under the bus. Thankfully.

Pep indicated with his team
selections in the run in last year, that Grealish was not performing at the level he required.

He was left out if all the key games..
mDont think it’s a stretch to say that management would/will looking for a greater contribution.

Mahrez is way out of form. Jesus and Sterling have gone, and Grealish still isn’t anywhere near to a certainty.
Lol ok mate, doesn’t fit with your agenda, so Pep mustn’t be telling the truth

Lying bald sack of shit that he is, clearly bought a player for goals & assists, even tho his goals & assists weren’t great at his previous club because schfc told us all so

Great logic mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.