10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like he needs an injection of confidence. He looks like he still doesn’t believe he’s good enough for this team/club in the way he holds back in expressing himself fully. He rarely has a bad game but he’s rarely top quality neither.

He’s shown in spells that he is so what’s the issue? Same yesterday, started off the game okay but then drifted out of the game completely.

Just my thought

Brighton sub on Tariq Lamptey a fresh and energetic right wing back to give our half tired left side more pressure because our build up heavy on the Cancelo/Bernado/Grealish.

The threat of a fresh Lamptey pinned back Cancelo. Grealish spent most of the 2nd half time running around filling the defending gap. While Brighton clearly use pace to target our right hand side...

That is saying I think Grealish should do better but it is not really all his fault. It is more due to Brighton tactic switch to starve our ball heavy left side. I think that if Mahrez could play on the left, or if it is Foden&Grealish started and our LW/LB and RW/RB can switch position to counter Brighton's change.

If we have Zinny still here then Zinny on the left Cancelo on the right will solve this.

Proved his worth to who, you or Pep. If Peps happy and picking and we are winning and he is and we are so am I.
What would suggest that Pep rates him ? He did not take part in Looserpool fixture which is arguably the most important game so far this season. He did not start in our most important games last season: CL semi final against RM and the last PL game (not sure about agreement with AV) as well as so many other important games. Pep is giving him the chance to shine through as he does with most of City players, but if he does not get up to speed he will fall out of Pep’s grace and will be offloaded.

What would suggest that Pep rates him ? He did not take part in Looserpool fixture which is arguably the most important game so far this season. He did not start in our most important games last season: CL semi final against RM and the last PL game (not sure about agreement with AV) as well as so many other important games. Pep is giving him the chance to shine through as he does with most of City players, but if he does not get up to speed he will fall out of Pep’s grace and will be offloaded.
He picks him as much as anyone he changes tactics against liverpool.You might think he isn’t rated. Thats your problem not Peps not the teams and speaking for myself not mine. He had a decent game yesterday

Last edited:
Jack Grealish is a huge part of our squad - can’t believe that people can’t see it.
We need balance and he brings a lot of it. Getting better all the time and will be quicker if city fans get off his back and get behind him - - that’s a fact
Fans discussing his performance on a forum will have zero impact on how he plays. That’s a fact.

One of the first names on the team-sheet for me, and Pep seems to agree (most of the time).

He'll do for me.

He leaves him out of every difficult game. Then leaves him on the bench when we’re chasing a game.

I don’t think Pep has much faith in him at all.

We will look to improve again in the summer, wide forwards is a place of weakness for us now.

Grealish again wasn’t the worst player on the pitch but it’s another game gone by where we were in need of inspiration and he’s not delivered.

Jack Grealish is a huge part of our squad - can’t believe that people can’t see it.
We need balance and he brings a lot of it. Getting better all the time and will be quicker if city fans get off his back and get behind him - - that’s a fact
That is a very very optimistic view of a £100million signing who is playing at the level of Fabian Delph,

He picks him as much as anyone he changes tactics against liverpool.You might think he isn’t ratd. Thats your problem not Peps not the teams and speaking for myself not mine. He had a decent game yesterday
I will be really pleased if he comes good because he is a City player and I was a big admirer of his style of play when he was playing for AV, but all what I have seen since he joined our team is ,by and large, the shadow of his former self. In my opinion, he has had the credit of the doubt from Pep but if he does not step up Pep will run out of patience. I really hope he turns it around and hit the ground running.

I will be really pleased if he comes good because he is a City player and I was a big admirer of his style of play when he was playing for AV, but all what I have seen since he joined our team is ,by and large, the shadow of his former self. In my opinion, he has had the credit of the doubt from Pep but if he does not step up Pep will run out of patience. I really hope he turns it around and hit the ground running.
Pep only cares about winning, nobody gets selectrd for any other reason than the team winning. When he picks Grealish its on merit, no benefit of doubt no free pass for him to improve. There may be doubt in your opinion and others to be fair, Peps not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.