10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats do not lie no matter how his biased fan boys try to embellish his performances. I was his advocate last season ( benefit of the doubt), but we are heading toward mid season and he has not proved his worth yet. I fail to see any added value or contribution in his play and I am sick of the nonsense that he has a different role other than delivering assists and scoring goals. What is that role ? defensive duties ? I can’t recall noteworthy contribution defensively ! key passes ? I can not recall any ! Assists and goals ? Handful and way below the average of all our attackers combined. He has flattered to deceive big time. I still hope that the penny drops and he turns the corner, but please stop overhyping and overrating him as you are not doing the team nor the player any favor with your puff pieces.
“Stats do not lie” you say -

Hahahahahsha. Course they do. They say whatever you want them to say.

Jack’s doing a job - as required by his manager. And he’s doing it well. It’s not his job to bang in goals - that’s Haalands job. Haaland doesn’t do what Jack does but quite rightly doesn’t get flack for it.
They both have their own jobs to do & do them well.

No one gets a free ride these days. Sooner or later, he is going to have to look like a more dangerous attacking midfielder/forward than our left back!
Our players don’t have set roles
What would suggest that Pep rates him ? He did not take part in Looserpool fixture which is arguably the most important game so far this season. He did not start in our most important games last season: CL semi final against RM and the last PL game (not sure about agreement with AV) as well as so many other important games. Pep is giving him the chance to shine through as he does with most of City players, but if he does not get up to speed he will fall out of Pep’s grace and will be offloaded.
yep & we lost the games he didn’t play in

“Stats do not lie” you say -

Hahahahahsha. Course they do. They say whatever you want them to say.

Jack’s doing a job - as required by his manager. And he’s doing it well. It’s not his job to bang in goals - that’s Haalands job. Haaland doesn’t do what Jack does but quite rightly doesn’t get flack for it.
They both have their own jobs to do & do them well.
Doing a job as required by his manager......oh ffs please ! His manager wants him to be creative make assists and score a goal every now and then and that's not unreasonable for the money we have paid and the salary Jack is on .

Is that too much to ask for a massive fee and top wage

Last edited:
Our players don’t have set roles
Are you trying to tell me Grealish is NOT played as an “attacking midfielder/forward”? If so, you might want to let Jack know! Maybe that’s why he’s flattering to deceive after a spurt of strong performances.
yep & we lost the games he didn’t play in
…BECAUSE he didn’t play???

Did I wander onto the Joke Thread by mistake?! ;-)

I will be really pleased if he comes good because he is a City player and I was a big admirer of his style of play when he was playing for AV, but all what I have seen since he joined our team is ,by and large, the shadow of his former self. In my opinion, he has had the credit of the doubt from Pep but if he does not step up Pep will run out of patience. I really hope he turns it around and hit the ground running.
He doesn't need to "turn [anything] around". He's been playing well this season and there's no reason to think he won't keep getting better. Plenty of great ball-carrying runs yesterday. If people didn't see that they weren't paying attention to the game.

And interesting that you were a big admirer of his style of play at Villa but now you think he's a "shadow of his former self". Whose fault is that? Because you can bet your arse Jack would be delighted to be allowed to play like he did at Villa. The person who doesn't allow him to do that is Pep Guardiola.

God, there's some garbage spouted here, and about Grealish more than anyone.

Grealish is a brilliant ball carrier but an issue I'm having with him is that once he carries the ball forward, he tends to always look for the simple ball out wide instead of trying to make that through ball through the centre or taking the shot on himself.
You think if he'd been told to go for the ball through the centre by Pep that isn't what he'd be doing? The focus in this forum on ignoring how Grealish has to play to Pep's instructions never ceases to amaze me.

I think it’s funny he gets so much grief for this when I’m the same joke he said the reason we won was that he (Grealish) stayed on the bench.
He’d have been alright if he’d used Adama Traore as the example, as long as Wolves hadn’t been bought out by the middle Easterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.