10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel like the clock is ticking. Pep will have more patience with him than most of us do but the reality is that there are plenty of players who could come in at some point over the next year or two and improve on what Jack has been doing for us. If that happens then he essentially becomes a £100m rotation player and I don't think he'll settle for that.

I know people like to kid themselves into thinking that Grealish is some sort of thinking man's player who others aren't smart enough to see the benefits of but, as talented as he is and as much as I like his attitude, he plays in a position where he needs to have a direct impact on games and results but he rarely does.

That needs to change or else his transfer will end up being a failure. Not for us but for him; we won before him, we've won with him and we'll win after him. This is his chance to show he's genuinely got what it takes to be a world class player and not just a pretty Le Tissier.

He knows it as well.
100% accurate.

Agreed, small margins I guess… the Madrid semi was his first moment, that could of, and should of changed the landscape

Im still hopeful however, he needs a big game defining moment to curb the inevitable witch-hunt, and soon!

I agree. That was the moment for him. Could have taken us to the CL final. Confidence in buckets, instantly part of the team.

This season he's shown real self-doubt with reactions to anything that doesn't go in the net showing a desperation to perform. He needs that moment and then he'll be fine. The media have been fairly soft with him considering the fee. It will get worse. Allison and Ederson have more assists than him. They'll ramp that pressure up. A bad WC will destroy him. The winning goal tonight to win the group would do him wonders. A winning goal in any game in fact. Let's hope we see it.

Some people simply can't see reality, even if it stares them in the face.

Sterling got a lot of grief on here, not from me I might add, whatever you thought of Raheem, his stats were always very, very good, even during his last 2 years when his form dipped.

The forward players in our team HAVE to contribute in terms of assists and goals and the fact that under Pep we have scored 601 goals, I would say that IF a player is not contributing good numbers there is an issue with the player.
There’s no issue regards Grealish. He’s playing well overall this season.
I’m beginning to think you watch the games over in Singapore via a potato.

Rinse and repeat.

Grealish has underperformed massively since joining us, you don't pay 100 million for a winger because he keeps possession and wins fouls, he has to be productive and his numbers have been abysmal.

The excuses some people come up with are laughable, Mahrez has been criticized regularly over the last few years even when he put up far better numbers than Jack (same goes for Sterling when he was here), imagine if they had Jack's numbers ? they'd get slaughtered.

He has to improve soon because for the money the club paid he's been nowhere near worth it.

Last edited:
Agreed, small margins I guess… the Madrid semi was his first moment, that could of, and should of changed the landscape

Im still hopeful however, he needs a big game defining moment to curb the inevitable witch-hunt, and soon!
Has everyone forgotten it was grealish who lost carvajal and then stood off him while he whipped in the cross for rodrygo to knock us out? To anyone who doubts just watch the highlights back.

I do feel like the clock is ticking. Pep will have more patience with him than most of us do but the reality is that there are plenty of players who could come in at some point over the next year or two and improve on what Jack has been doing for us. If that happens then he essentially becomes a £100m rotation player and I don't think he'll settle for that.

I know people like to kid themselves into thinking that Grealish is some sort of thinking man's player who others aren't smart enough to see the benefits of but, as talented as he is and as much as I like his attitude, he plays in a position where he needs to have a direct impact on games and results but he rarely does.

That needs to change or else his transfer will end up being a failure. Not for us but for him; we won before him, we've won with him and we'll win after him. This is his chance to show he's genuinely got what it takes to be a world class player and not just a pretty Le Tissier.

He knows it as well.
Personally I'd be happy if Grealish and Palmer swapped positions in Peps pecking order.
I think Cole looks much more like scoring and adds more generally.

Grealish has underperformed massively since joining us, you don't pay 100 million for a winger because he keeps possession and wins fouls, he has to be productive and his numbers have been abysmal.

The excuses some people come up with are laughable, Mahrez has been criticized regularly over the last few years even when he put up far better numbers than Jack (same goes for Sterling when he was here), imagine if they had Jack's numbers ? they'd get slaughtered.

He has to improve soon because for the money the club paid he's been nowhere near worth it.
He keeps possession for a few seconds when he gets closed down then releases the ball because it's the easy option. He is far too languid paced and predictable and pretty easy to work out for opposition defenders. I want to see the player he was for Villa because Grealish has a lot more to offer us but we're not seeing it, unfortunately.

Not remotely a fan of grealish but tbf to the lad he's strung 5 good games together and is in form ,seems a lot better since he's been given a licence to roam ,.however should never appear in a team with Mahrez on the other side ,as you know 1 will be coming off to add some legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.