10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t. Last season he was left out of the CL Quarters and semi. Out of the Villa game.
He remained rooted to the bench vs Liverpool.
That’s only 4 games he’s missed, doesn’t seem a lot of missed games for a full season mate

That’s only 4 games he’s missed, doesn’t seem a lot of missed games for a full season mate

Most important games are PL and CL k/o ties.
We've played 35 of them in 2023.
Jack has started just 13 of them.
Think about that. Just 13 starts out of the 35 most important games.

Even the "want away" Sterling started 16 of those games despite the fall-out and he hasn't been here for 11 of them.
Mahrez has managed 17.

For the time being Grealish is a glorified squad player because Pep hasn't trusted him as much as other players.
Even Sterling and Mahrez.

Why do you think that is?

Last edited:

It’s not the number of games, it’s the importance of the games. In the case of the Villa game or Liverpool game this season. It’s more a case of scale of game and that Pep doesn’t think he can help us turn the games around.

Do we think Pep would leave Foden, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bernardo or even Cancelo or Gubdogan on the bench if we needed a goal?
I think we all know the answer.

How was our record in those games? 2 wins, two losses. Not as good as we normally achieve.

Not sure I see your point? Our win percentage is naturally lower in the biggest of game.

Not that I think it’s relevant but we were cruising in Madrid till Grealish came on. As I say though, not really relevant to the outcome of the games he plays in or doesn’t. The relevant point is, our manager doesn’t seem to trust our record signing in the most difficult games. And certainly doesn’t seem to believe he has it in him to win or change a game.

Not sure I see your point? Our win percentage is naturally lower in the biggest of game.

Not that I think it’s relevant but we were cruising in Madrid till Grealish came on. As I say though, not really relevant to the outcome of the games he plays in or doesn’t. The relevant point is, our manager doesn’t seem to trust our record signing in the most difficult games. And certainly doesn’t seem to believe he has it in him to win or change a game.
We lost in Madrid because Walker got injured. Grealish’s chance was only not scored because of an unbelievable save from Courtois.

I don’t think any of us can truly say we understand Pep logic.

So far this season, Grealish has played in 1 out of 2 matches against big teams. We won the one he played in and lost the one he didn’t.

We don’t know how physically fit he’s been at any stage and we don’t know why he didn’t play at Anfield.

Most important games are PL and CL k/o ties.
We've played 35 of them in 2023.
Jack has started just 13 of them.
Think about that. Just 13 starts out of the 35 most important games.

Even the "want away" Sterling started 16 of those games despite the fall-out and he hasn't been here for 11 of them.
Mahrez has managed 17.

For the time being Grealish is a glorified squad player because Pep hasn't trusted him as much as other players.
Even Sterling and Mahrez.

Why do you think that is?
Its nonsense in a thread full of nonsense.Some have a weird obsession with him and twist things to prove Pep shares their concerns, luckily Pep isn’t one with those concerns and neither are most fans.

We lost in Madrid because Walker got injured. Grealish’s chance was only not scored because of an unbelievable save from Courtois.

I don’t think any of us can truly say we understand Pep logic.

So far this season, Grealish has played in 1 out of 2 matches against big teams. We won the one he played in and lost the one he didn’t.

We don’t know how physically fit he’s been at any stage and we don’t know why he didn’t play at Anfield.

He didn’t play at Anfield because Pep doesn’t pick him in the biggest games..

There’s loads of reasons we lost in Madrid, Grealish could have won the game, but he didn’t. He wasn’t alone, others missed the chance to kill the game too. Grealish was also lazy defensively vs Madrid.

Not sure there’s an argument to the fact he’s not been trusted in the biggest of games. The glaringly obvious example would be Villa at home. 2-0 instead opting for Sterling & Gundogan.
I don’t profess to know Pep’s mind and I’d never second guess him.
But leaving our record signing on the bench in that game, with that much on it vs that opposition speaks volumes to me. Then when Grealish was fit firing and finally hitting form, he left him out again vs Liverpool, and not using from the bench.

He didn’t play at Anfield because Pep doesn’t pick him in the biggest games..

There’s loads of reasons we lost in Madrid, Grealish could have won the game, but he didn’t. He wasn’t alone, others missed the chance to kill the game too. Grealish was also lazy defensively vs Madrid.

Not sure there’s an argument to the fact he’s not been trusted in the biggest of games. The glaringly obvious example would be Villa at home. 2-0 instead opting for Sterling & Gundogan.
I don’t profess to know Pep’s mind and I’d never second guess him.
But leaving our record signing on the bench in that game, with that much on it vs that opposition speaks volumes to me. Then when Grealish was fit firing and finally hitting form, he left him out again vs Liverpool, and not using from the bench.
I can’t read Pep’s mind either, but don’t try to suggest why he was picked or not.

Pep rarely makes tactical substitutions. He makes them when the game is “closed” or when someone is underperfoming.

Pep isn’t shy at telling the press if he’s unhappy with players. He’s never done that with Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.