10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most important games are PL and CL k/o ties.
We've played 35 of them in 2023.
Jack has started just 13 of them.
Think about that. Just 13 starts out of the 35 most important games.

Even the "want away" Sterling started 16 of those games despite the fall-out and he hasn't been here for 11 of them.
Mahrez has managed 17.

For the time being Grealish is a glorified squad player because Pep hasn't trusted him as much as other players.
Even Sterling and Mahrez.

Why do you think that is?

It’s not the number of games, it’s the importance of the games. In the case of the Villa game or Liverpool game this season. It’s more a case of scale of game and that Pep doesn’t think he can help us turn the games around.

Do we think Pep would leave Foden, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bernardo or even Cancelo or Gubdogan on the bench if we needed a goal?
I think we all know the answer.
Maybe if I’d put a ;) you may have figured I was taking the piss somewhat as only 4 games were mentioned

Apologies chaps

I think he’s better than Messi & was bought as a replica of him for Pep

Most important games are PL and CL k/o ties.
We've played 35 of them in 2023.
Jack has started just 13 of them.
Think about that. Just 13 starts out of the 35 most important games.

Even the "want away" Sterling started 16 of those games despite the fall-out and he hasn't been here for 11 of them.
Mahrez has managed 17.

For the time being Grealish is a glorified squad player because Pep hasn't trusted him as much as other players.
Even Sterling and Mahrez.

Why do you think that is?

IMO paying 100mill for Jack was the biggest blunder our club have made. Initiated terrible PR for us giving City haters another stick to hit us with (City can buy who they like and cheat FFP), and he isn't progressing, hardly scores or assists and frequently finds himself on the bench. Leading to commentators saying "100 million pound Jack Grealish is on the bench again"

We just should'nt have bought him, surely there was better/much cheaper overseas players ?

I am sorry but whenever I see Jack play, I think of the "Cha Cha slide" dance routine

Cha cha real smooth
To the right
Now
To the left
 Now
Take it back now y'all
Slide to the left
Slide to the right
Criss cross
Criss cross
Cha cha real smooth

Here's a video if you want to see the actual routine:

Really wanted him to and thought he would kick on this season.

We are getting the same old, same old it looks like this season. We see flashes of him at his best in periods throughout a game then back to jink to the left, Little shimmy to the right, pass back to Cancelo or Foden etc...

We could have and should have invested the money elsewhere.

Feel for the guy, but it looks like we don't suit him or he doesn't suit us.

He doesn’t. Last season he was left out of the CL Quarters and semi. Out of the Villa game.
He remained rooted to the bench vs Liverpool.
Didn’t he start 23 times in the league?
you’ve obviously got a downer on him, I wonder who’ll be next after he finishes

Didn’t he start 23 times in the league?
you’ve obviously got a downer on him, I wonder who’ll be next after he finishes
Feel free to check my posts. I’ve not got a downer on him..

I’ll ask a simple question. If Pep is as happy with his performance as many think he is, why was he left out of the CL semis & quarters and why did he remain on bench vs Villa at 2-0?

He’s got an opportunity today to really show his worth in the absence of Haaland and Foden.

We need to see his worth today, I’ll be delighted if the lad has a stormer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.