10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s having a decent season. The thing that strikes me is he is a little predictable out wide, but seems to cause panic whenever he ends up with the ball more centrally. Especially if he starts from deep and has a little room to get going.

His ideal position is probably as a number ten, and to be playing for a counter attacking side - i.e. exactly as he was at Villa. He’s still contributing where he is, he rarely gives the ball away and is always available.

Worth noting that he won more free kicks yesterday that Alvarez, Bernando, KDB, Gundogan and Rodri combined. Obviously it took a bit of genius to convert one of those into a goal by KDB, but shows he does commit defenders and ultimately provided the opportunity we needed to win.
Winning free kicks has only been important since grealish signed for us, also since he signed goals and assists don't matter. Strange.

Of all the free kicks he has won for us at city how many have resulted in a goal? Let's start with 1 from yesterday and how many others?

He helped get us the win in a hard shite game, lets give him that.
Glass half full.

For all his biggest fans can I ask you a question

If before grealish signed you knew he would cost 100mill, reported 30mill agents fee, reported 300 grand a week. And someone told you 18months into his city career playing in a front 3 he would have notched 4 goals and 3 assists.

Would you still have wanted the deal to go through? Don't forget he wins free kicks when making your decision.

If before grealish signed you knew he would cost 100mill, reported 30mill agents fee, reported 300 grand a week. And someone told you 18months into his city career playing in a front 3 he would have notched 4 goals and 3 assists.

Would you still have wanted the deal to go through? Don't forget he wins free kicks when making your decision.
At least get your facts right. You can't just make stuff up.

A certain Mr Sancho signed for big money over the road, as a fan base we have taken the piss big time and rightly so, not sure what the difference is with Grealish.

Both hugely overrated players that have not delivered and at this time two very poor signings.

I’d say stop reading the lying tabloids

A certain Mr Sancho signed for big money over the road, as a fan base we have taken the piss big time and rightly so, not sure what the difference is with Grealish.

Both hugely overrated players that have not delivered and at this time two very poor signings.
I agree.

I’ve grown to like Grealish a bit more as a person since he’s come to City, but if we were reading RAWK or RedCafe threads about a player signed for £100m, and they were saying “yeah he doesn’t get assists, or goals, but he makes space and can pass on the overlap”, we’d be laughing our bollocks off at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.