10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s having a decent season. The thing that strikes me is he is a little predictable out wide, but seems to cause panic whenever he ends up with the ball more centrally. Especially if he starts from deep and has a little room to get going.

His ideal position is probably as a number ten, and to be playing for a counter attacking side - i.e. exactly as he was at Villa. He’s still contributing where he is, he rarely gives the ball away and is always available.

Worth noting that he won more free kicks yesterday that Alvarez, Bernando, KDB, Gundogan and Rodri combined. Obviously it took a bit of genius to convert one of those into a goal by KDB, but shows he does commit defenders and ultimately provided the opportunity we needed to win.

Hearing him say he shouldn't be judged on goals is disappointing. The silver lining was that at least he was taking responsibility for his own bad performances but even that seems to be over and done with now.

Nobody is judging him on how many goals he scores. We're judging him on the lack of any real contribution in the vast majority of games. Nolito offered more.

He has never been that player!

You are judging someone on a part of his game that in actual fact has never been part of his game. I don’t know what type of player you think Jack is but he has never been a big goal scorer.

Messi? Come on lol.
Neymar in the French league.
Sterling scored lot of tap ins.
Mane and salah top players and hard to reach that level.

I don’t expect Messi levels, but Grealish is vying for a place as a wide forward for the best team in the World. He’s nowhere near good enough to play in midfield for us. So, he’s going to need to up those numbers or he’ll be out. That’s why for my money we continually linked with wide forwards.

He used to be 7-10 goals and similar assists a season at Villa, I imagine we thought playing for us he’d get up around 10-14 goals and assists per season. That’s not asking Salah numbers, that’s asking Mahrez numbers. Which is fair.

If we rely on Haaland for the goals, when he’s missing we need others to step up.

Last edited:
I don’t expect Messi levels, but Grealish is vying for a place as a wide forward for the best team in the World. He’s nowhere near good enough to play in midfield for us. So, he’s going to need to up those numbers or he’ll be out. That’s why for my money we continually linked with wide forwards.

He use to be 7-10 goals and similar assists a season at Villa, I imagine we thought playing for us he’d get up around 10-14 goals and assists per season. That’s not asking Salah numbers, that’s asking Mahrez numbers. Which is fair.

If we rely on Haaland for the goals, when he’s missing we need others to step up.
You are like a broken record

Attacking a city player constantly is not an opinion. You may ask yourself why you dislike the lad so much?. Once you figure that out come back with a fair analysis of his time here.

Did city win the league with Grealish? Did he have an impact? Go to red cafe or Rawk if you need to attack City players. Plenty over there will feed into your delusions.

100m blah blah blah.

I’ve repeatedly said I like the lad and i’d love him to do well. I’d love him to shove the words of his detractors down their throats.

I’ve not once attacked him, I’ve said I want him to be better. Never once said he was shit, never once said he was rubbish. I’ve simply said, what’s he’s currently offering isn’t good enough for City.

I’ve actually said he’s a neat and tidy player with some good attributes.

City have won the league with Grealish, doesn’t me we can’t improve. By the players we’re being heavily linked with, I’d suspect wide forward is a position we’re concerned about.

If discussing a player’s performance on a player performance thread gets you so upset, I’d perhaps stay away.

If you don’t think our record signing generally being very underwhelming is worthy of discussion(not pointless insults) then I’m not sure what the point of the player performance thread is.

I'd like to see more from him than the usual draw the defender in then flick it back to Cancelo. He alternates between that and the pass more centrally. I want to see bit more desire to drive at the defender and maybe even take a shot. When you think how less predictable Bernardo was the other side - having shots, drawing the defender in, turning this way and that way. Having said that, he did have De Bruyne playing that side of midfield and working with him whereas Gundogan just stays central and Pep seems happy with what Jack is doing.

Was replying to someone who quoted me.

Don’t really see how comments like this don’t derail the thread.

It’s a player performance discussion thread..

All i’ve done is offer my opinion on his performance in a polite measured way.,

It’s like I have to be his fluffer or I’m a rag.
How it goes on Bluemoon.

6yumhh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.