10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to play the ball first time. More than one occasion first half our front press mainly from Alvarez ended up with a dud ball from them straight to the feet of Grealish and everytime he took too many touches instead of laying it off for others. There was at least some emphasis and purpose in his game today, more than usual anyway but it resulted in the same thing more often than not. The cut inside and square pass before the attack is recycled. That's not enough.

He and mahrez were the same first half yet mahrez gets slaughtered and Grealish gets praised, it's such an odd thing to see. Neither were bad, both did their job with no frills and passed the buck to somebody else to be the man to make a difference too much which is the problem. Needs to do a lot more when you're playing in the front 3.

Can't seem to play the ball first time. More than one occasion first half our front press mainly from Alvarez ended up with a dud ball from them straight to the feet of Grealish and everytime he took too many touches instead of laying it off for others. There was at least some emphasis and purpose in his game today, more than usual anyway but it resulted in the same thing more often than not. The cut inside and square pass before the attack is recycled. That's not enough.

He and mahrez were the same first half yet mahrez gets slaughtered and Grealish gets praised, it's such an odd thing to see. Neither were bad, both did their job with no frills and passed the buck to somebody else to be the man to make a difference too much which is the problem. Needs to do a lot more when you're playing in the front 3.
Except Mahrez was gash in the first half and Grealish looked well up for it.

He's a good player. He's just in the wrong team.

He'll never be effective the way we play.
This is madness!! Honestly, you can say he should do this or do that because you expect a 100m player to do unbelievable things every game but to say he’s not effective in the way we play is so far off it sends my head west. He’s exactly what Pep wants for the way we play!! Like the perfect fucking Pep player. Jesus.

Except Mahrez was gash in the first half and Grealish looked well up for it.
And this is exactly my point. Mahrez was no worse than Grealish, both were just alright without actually doing anything of real note. both kept the ball, played it simple the majority of the time, produced pretty much nothing between them and offered minimal actual threat themselves.

I liked what he was doing in that first half, was one of the better players.

But I get what Pep wanted in getting Bernie central, especially if it means he plays the next game.

And this is exactly my point. Mahrez was no worse than Grealish, both were just alright without actually doing anything of real note. both kept the ball, played it simple the majority of the time, produced pretty much nothing between them and offered minimal actual threat themselves.
Mahrez was worse than Grealish in the first half. Grealish was going at the defenders, doing the things he’s been accused of not doing and whilst it didn’t always come off for him he was as direct as I’ve seen him for a while.

This is madness!! Honestly, you can say he should do this or do that because you expect a 100m player to do unbelievable things every game but to say he’s not effective in the way we play is so far off it sends my head west. He’s exactly what Pep wants for the way we play!! Like the perfect fucking Pep player. Jesus.
Fair enough. He can be a perfect pep player but i dont think his role in our team is maximizing his talent. He offers very little threat in a position we need threat.

I'm just seeing more of the same from last season when he was underwhelming.

btw Im not judging him on his price. If we paid 10m for him Id still think hes a poor fit (so far)

Last edited:

And that is what the manager wants and you can’t call the manager we win more than we lose , I just thought tonight ( it was nothing game ) that him and Phil could have both played central and told to try and do there thing , but that tonight proved to me that he doesn’t really trust either of them to proper play in the middle of the park , it’s a shame but we won’t win as many trophies under are next manager , you can’t have it all , up the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.