10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez was worse than Grealish in the first half. Grealish was going at the defenders, doing the things he’s been accused of not doing and whilst it didn’t always come off for him he was as direct as I’ve seen him for a while.
He was more direct than usual, I said as much in my post but where did it get us? He never actually beat a man and create something except when there was a richocet that fell his way and we got a corner. every time he looked to go at somebody, most of the time it resulted in him reverting to the trademarked cut back and square pass before the ball is recycled. That's not enough. Ultimately he saw much more of the ball as our left side typically does and produced the same as mahrez.

Re-cycle the football that is what do ,unless Kevin gets the ball and it’s open not even wide open , also cause I can’t remember him loosing the ball in are half , if you think that Jack or Phil would not loose the ball in are half you are off you’re head more than me .

The top and tail ov it , I want Jack and Phil in the middle taking the piss but we are not in the 90s where you had , Okchua ( Jay Jay ) Cursic ( ex Bolton and Villa I can’t spell and my grammar is wank ) and Kinkladze taking the piss for my club , some people think are best player basically did what most of players did tonight , which was keep the ball.

He was great first half.. and his general play this season has been good.. he’s not a numbers man and people need to accept that, neither was David, nor is Bernie.. that’s fine as we have plenty of players who deliver numbers and one that delivers a whole teams worth himself. I am enjoying watching Jack play this season.

Since his first game in 2021 against Tottenham, Pep has never played him as a LCM..

I wonder what he did wrong there, cause rewatched whole game and he was OK for me, considering it was his first game against a decent team..

Cause his story reminds me of Bernardo's.. Bernardo is a good winger, but as a midfielder he is one of the best in the world. Jack is a good winger, but we still haven't seen him as a midfielder and waiting for.

Especially this season, when Pep has finally moved to 4-2-4 system, where we have Rodri - Bernardo / Gundo duo in midfield and Kev plays either as second striker or classic number 10. I think Jack is more suitable to that role, rather than LW.. Maybe in the next seasons, we will eventually see Jack there..

He was great first half.. and his general play this season has been good.. he’s not a numbers man and people need to accept that, neither was David, nor is Bernie.. that’s fine as we have plenty of players who deliver numbers and one that delivers a whole teams worth himself. I am enjoying watching Jack play this season.
I am hoping this "David" you've just mentioned here isn't Spanish Dave, because that would be totally ridiculous. A better comparison would be Vladmir Weiss, AJ or Ireland. I have seen posters discredit the numbers and contributions from Gundo,Mahrez and Sterling just so they can accommodate a particular player and that's fine but are we now going after the greats? Seriously?

The sickness in here is very real.
Pep tells us that he was the best player in the first-half, and we need him for the next game, yet some STILL cannot accept it.
This was a dead rubber, a match that gave opportunity to change the team, rest players, introduce young ones, and substitute the best to keep them fresh. Using the mentality some have in this thread, KDB was only given twenty minutes because he isn't an important player.

The sickness in here is very real.
Pep tells us that he was the best player in the first-half, and we need him for the next game, yet some STILL cannot accept it.
This was a dead rubber, a match that gave opportunity to change the team, rest players, introduce young ones, and substitute the best to keep them fresh. Using the mentality some have in this thread, KDB was only given twenty minutes because he isn't an important player.

It's always happen and not the first time. Sterling back then and now Grealish.

he’s not a numbers man and people need to accept that, neither was David, nor is Bernie..

Both Bernardo and David got stick for their lack of numbers at various points and they are/ were infinitely better and more valuable players to their teams. Besides, they're still better goalscorers than Jack, even from deeper positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.