10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then if that's the case he is simply not the player for us.

I just think we are seeing the real Jack Grealish, just a hugely over hyped English player, as someone just said Alvarez in one 20 min cameo showed more than Grealish did most of last season.
You could well be correct , one thing I know for certain is that Foden is light years in front of him .

I do agree that he's wasted out wide but where to play him. He's no box to box Gerard type not that we need one or play like that.
Alongside and further forward than de Bruyne? Would leave Rodri exposed.
Unfortunately playing him is creating more questions then answers.
Throw in the fact that we are now playing with a different sort of striker and this could be a transitional season.

Minimum disruption would be to play

Foden Haaland Mahrez
Gundo KDB
I'd prefer to see a front 3 of:

Grealish Haaland Foden

I think this would work very well with a left footed LB and either Walker or Cancelo at RB.

You could well be correct , one thing I know for certain is that Foden is light years in front of him .
Many on our team are including Cole Palmer, a far more naturally talented player for me and more importantly a genuine goal threat in every game he plays.

I'd prefer to see a front 3 of:

Grealish Haaland Foden

I think this would work very well with a left footed LB and either Walker or Cancelo at RB.
Grealish has to go in the center of the park for me, I could see him becoming a very good player in there.

He is never a top class wide player in a million years.

Grealish taking a bit of criticism but i thought he contributed more than Mahrez in the game , at least Jack was looking for the ball ,Mahrez has a tendency to disappear when the going gets tough. Very hard to make a judgement of either player in the first competitve game of the season , but hopefully Jack keeps screaming for the ball and plays with the positivity he showed at times against the Dippers

His role in the team (as many have already mentioned) is not at all clear..Like he is never going to be a player who is regularly/reliably beat his man in the wing (he has no pace for that).

He is also not a De bruyne type mid who can pick passes, not like Gundo/bernardo who can reliably bring out the ball from back. They are also very good at not losing the ball when they are pressed. Grealish just gets fouled in those situations.

The only role I can see for him is to replicate the 2018/19 wing bernardo - who without lot of pace made up in lot of other things...

Grealish taking a bit of criticism but i thought he contributed more than Mahrez in the game , at least Jack was looking for the ball ,Mahrez has a tendency to disappear when the going gets tough. Very hard to make a judgement of either player in the first competitve game of the season , but hopefully Jack keeps screaming for the ball and plays with the positivity he showed at times against the Dippers
Exactly, as long as he is always looking and wanting the ball all will be good, last season he went MIA too often in games.

Except Mahrez got into at least 5 goalscoring positions. If he'd his shooting boots on we may well have won the game. Both are luxury players but Mahrez has way more end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.