10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's talked the talk but certainly not walked the walk -yet?

Definitely not. He needs to back up the talk now. I think the price tag will mean he is in no danger of being moved on swiftly but at the same time he is not exactly a young footballer anymore.

Give your head a shake, when you have finished ask yourself why did Pep buy him? why does Pep play him?, a slightly different player but with similar stats is Silva, so is Gundogan`s if you take his goals away which will happen this year as we have Haaland, it is not wrong to not understand someones strengths, you just have to understand who it is the media is attacking and why.
Lets just say this has an awful lot to do with Maguire.

Which Silva does Grealish have similar stats to?

Definitely not. He needs to back up the talk now. I think the price tag will mean he is in no danger of being moved on swiftly but at the same time he is not exactly a young footballer anymore.
He's not exactly old is he (27) lot's of football in him but if it's to be at this club he needs to up his game, and big time.

Lots of people think that when someone comes off the pitch they have failed, that is absolute bollocks it is because they have run their bollocks off, take a good look at how many times Pep has left a losing side on the pitch to put right their failings.
Not sure anyone has ever doubted his commitment, he clearly is giving his all but sadly the last few games his form and confidence is going backwards, that after a much better start to the season.

He needs a good run of form, consistency is the key, he has had a few false starts.

Utter nonsense.....he may well not have lived up to the 100m expectations of some,but he has contributed well and will continue to do so.
He has not been a bad signing just a hugely under whelming one.

This transfer reminds me of the Steve Daley one, a very decent player but never worth the fee paid and in the end the fee overwhelmed him.

Sadly the last couple of weeks Jack Grealish is starting to look like a player trying to live up to his fee and not playing his natural game and his self belief is fading fast.

I do not think Jack has played badly this season but it is mystifying how a player in his position can have such low stats in terms of goals and assists. Going up against packed defenses every week cannot be easy but we need more from him than he is currently showing.
I think that we are more effective with Foden on the left and that Cancelo would probably also be more effective there too. Also Borges's form for the EDS is deserving of some first team involvement.
Jack and the coaching staff need to work on ways of making him more effective where it counts.

Genuine question for those who don't rate him because of goals.

Assuming his performance levels stayed the same, as did our results (as there's very few matches this season where he played significant minutes and we could have won more points), how many goals would he have needed to score so far this season in order for you to think he was playing reasonably well?

Sadly the last couple of weeks Jack Grealish is starting to look like a player trying to live up to his fee and not playing his natural game and his self belief is fading fast.

I dont think thats true at all,he is putting defences on the back foot,creating plenty of space for others and playing with a smile on his face.....maybe things haven't quite come off in terms of stats......but confidence does not look an issue and i still maintain his presence offers us balance,possession,and an opportunity to be entertained that most players are not capable of.

I'm never going to change opinion for some,as minds were clearly been made up early,before he even got here in many cases.....but for some to post blatant nonsense about his contributions and his impact is just odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.