10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most expensive premier league player of all time and people are what I can only assume(hope), pretending to be happy with him passing backwards all game. The mental gymnastics people are demonstrating for what is essentially say, like Bony, a player who simply is just not good enough for us, is actually quite impressive.
"He's in the team to keep the ball" yet he has a lower pass completion and loses it more often than Mahrez who we don't attach the same narrative to?
People just need to accept the fact that he's not effective vs a dropped back defence. He has neither the pace, the threat of he might shoot(his shooting isnt good enough anyway), the passing range, the ability to buy a yard or the utter determination(Gabby/Julian) vs teams that will happily just sit there.

People say he brings balance, did we struggle for that when we had Sane or Sterling there instead?. Does he work as hard as a Bernie which in turn gives fullbacks more freedom? I'm not seeing it

The fact is that if he played for any of our rivals everyone to a man on here would be laughing at them for the player they've got(see Maguire, Nunez et al).

Happy to be proven wrong down the line as I genuinely like him and was defending most of last season but all the evidence is pointing to it not happening

Last edited:
Pep seems to think he deserves to start and who are we to argue. More worrying is Phil's performances.
Foden is exhausted. Unless his career is hampered by injuries or he presents attitude problems, I think he will be regarded as one of our best ever players. He is a generational talent that has the potential to become even better.

Grealish is a strange one. He should be contributing more but his performances have mostly been adequate. Regardless of his exorbitant transfer fee, you have to expect more from a regular winger/forward in this team.

Sorry but I think we need some pace out there, it's just going backwards and sideways at the moment. The amount of times we have broken quickly recently only to see it all slow down when it has reached Jack or Mahrez has been very noticeable. I think Alvarez went left on just one occasion yet he beat the full-back and got a decent cross in with his 'weaker' foot. We got a lift on Saturday as the tempo was raised as soon as we made the changes otherwise it would probably been more of the same
You’ll have to wait for Pep to leave to get a pacy winger.

He’s forever going on at the players about slowing the tempo of attacks.

Honestly he does not have enough quality to play for Champions of England. I prefer Sterling to him all day.
I am very happy that Raheem left the club because of his abysmal finishing, but also these days i think if Raheem was in this team he would make a lot of chances for Haaland.
What is the GREAT Grealish's role in this team? Guy couldn't even cross a ball. Couldn't make a single good chance for Erling.
We spent 100 million pounds for nothing.​

Needs to do better, simple as that. I am sure he knows that and also Pep.

The critics in here have lost all sense of perspective and have lost the plot. Reminds me of people voting for brexit. So wrapped up in the false rhetoric they can’t stop themselves.

Awell, carry on attacking a city player.

This is a player performance thread.

Fcuk off to the political threads with Brexit comments.

Better still, fcuk off all together with your supercilious attitude.

Genuine question for those who don't rate him because of goals.

Assuming his performance levels stayed the same, as did our results (as there's very few matches this season where he played significant minutes and we could have won more points), how many goals would he have needed to score so far this season in order for you to think he was playing reasonably well?

Minutes per goal in all competitions for everyone who's scored for us this season.

Haaland: 56
Alvarez: 132
Foden: 162
Mahrez: 266
De Bruyne: 461
Gundogan: 617
Silva: 673
Cancelo: 751
Stones: 821
Grealish: 949

Okay, yeah, he's bottom of the list.

If he'd scored one more goal in the same number of minutes this season, he'd be in De Bruyne territory. Are you really expecting better than that?

For what it's worth I'd love him to look more of a threat in front of goal, I'd love to see him bang some more in. I think he can work on it, and is, and has loads of room for improvement when it comes to goalscoring.

But is this really what we're quibbling over at this stage in the season? One or two goals being the difference between success and failure?

Erm, I think you might be overlooking assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.