10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when you play against teams who set up to defend you need something different as they are more than happy to watch the ball go sideways and backwards.....

A look on jacks performances through this season. I dont know if its been posted here. Also i dont understand why so many expect jack to become something hes not ever been. Hes never been a goal scorer even at villa i think the most he had in a season was around 8. Hes important as pep continues to play him... Its also funny how he has become the scapegoat for so many kind of like sterling use to be but hes the player who funny enough hasnt been on the pitch for our dropped points in the prem this seaon. I wish against chelsea we could see him as an 8 in our system and be allowed the kind of freedom that kev and gundo get sometimes.

I hate this 'he's never been a goalscorer' narrative. That he's come out and said himself and now people are defending him with because he's struggling under the pressure.
Truth being he had two good seasons at villa getting 18 & 14 G/A's combined. No one's asking him to get 20 goals. Just at least get some goals or assists. I can guarantee if he was having a season like either of those...there would be nothing said. You simply can't keep defending a £100 mil player who's come off the back of 2 great seasons with villa to a better team and has been a shell of his former self.
Yes there's caveats...but he simply has to do better. He barely wants to shoot at the moment and isn't really creating a lot.
I'm not going to listen to what pep says because most importantly of all he's said 'I'll always defend you in the media, but in here I'll tell you the truth'. So he's doing his job of releasing the pressure on jack and to keep trying to lift him. If he was that impressed/happy he'd play more and in important games.

Raheems worst season at city in the prem was his first at much younger age where he got 6G 2A .... Jack's not even reached that across 2 seasons in the prem. It's a big issue that grows every game he doesn't contribute.

Not relating to performances, but a nice story involving our Jack and a boy named Finlay.

It’s not the first of this type either. It’s one of the reasons I’m gonna go into bat for him every time I read a comment on here being cuntish about him. I’m all for a bit of constructive criticism and he’s definitely open to some of that until his numbers improve, but the posters who complain I’m harsh when they call him shit and useless etc better get used to it because it’s not gonna stop.

Not relating to performances, but a nice story involving our Jack and a boy named Finlay.

I've just watched that on the OS and it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. I had to wipe 'em quick before Mrs Ewing came in and asked me what I was doing, and then calling me a 'softie'! There are no softies among the FOCsin CBL3 - we're as 'ard as a lump 'o millstone grit! But Jack's a fuckin' softie, but a nice one too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.