10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the MOTD highlights and I know this can and will be picked apart but just as a loose comparison the lad Tavernier who played for Bournemouth against Leeds did what I would like to see from an attacking wide-left player

Did he have 3 marking him?

I watched the MOTD highlights and I know this can and will be picked apart but just as a loose comparison the lad Tavernier who played for Bournemouth against Leeds did what I would like to see from an attacking wide-left player
That’s the crux of the situation though isn’t it? What you want to see from an attacking wide left player and what we expect (City/Pep) might differ completely. In fact I’m sure it does because if we wanted a player similar to Tavernier then we would unlikely have gone and paid big bucks for someone with very different attributes.

Who gets you more excited with the ball, Palmer or Grealish? This isn’t a loaded question by the way
i suppose as an individual Palmer, but I could name lots of players in the game that would apply to. All would have no relevance because Pep picks the team as a single unit and every player has their role in that unit. So for me I watch the team and appreciate how they perform and the results as a team.
For me the clip from match of the day at the weekend of us playing out from the back through the press and almost scoring, or those goals with lots of passes and every player touching the ball excite me as as much as a bit of individual skill, maybe more.

When Palmer does get 10 minutes he comes on and plays with a freedom that Grealish doesn't. I can't understand what's going on. Mahrez has the license to lose the ball at will, which he does, but Grealish never loses the ball - but it's almost like we want him to try. The lads got the talent. Whether we ever get the best out of him I just don't know.

When Palmer does get 10 minutes he comes on and plays with a freedom that Grealish doesn't. I can't understand what's going on.
Think getting 10 minutes when the game is won against tired opposition is always going to look more impressive. Which isn't a knock on Palmer or celebration of Grealish, it's just a hard comparison to make.

Think getting 10 minutes when the game is won against tired opposition is always going to look more impressive. Which isn't a knock on Palmer or celebration of Grealish, it's just a hard comparison to make.
As are comparisons with Bournemouth players who play a completely different style of football and against opponents who do not set up to defend.

Yeah, for sure. Mine wasn't a dig, just an observation, but you are right that it's all relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.