10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To see Grealish play like that every game pep will have to play attacking fullbacks to give him space! Pep loves control last night we didn’t have it and pep will go back to the control football after the World Cup

Played really well last night but it had a lot to do with how open Chelsea were, and how open the game was generally. Come Saturday Brentford will park the bus, but people will still be impatiently waiting for him to suddenly canter into spaces that don't exist.

It'll be 0-0 after 25 mins and people on here will be moaning like, "Why isn't Grealish doing anything? Why is he always passing sideways and backwards? Why doesn't he shoot more?" while ten Brentford players just stand between Grealish and the goal. Looking forward to it.

Pep needs to find a way to get Grealish picking the ball up deeper and more centrally than he normally does. That's how we'll get the best out of him.

Never seen a player so unlucky with his shots lol.
Honestly don't think this gets mentioned enough. It's not even me making excuses for him - for some reason he just doesn't get the bounce in the area. Obviously it's a skill to make your own luck in football, but there are times where he must think someone upstairs is putting a forcefield in front of the goals.

It happens with his assists as well. He had the highest xA in the Premier League last season but somehow only ended up with three assists. I've lost count of how many times he's played a decent pass on for someone to shoot, but they've either missed or just not taken on the opportunity themselves. It's maddening, haha.

The example I always come back to is against Leipzig in the Champions League last season. Played a perfect through ball for Cancelo to go 1-on-1 with their keeper but Cancelo hit the post; he then played a nice ball through to Mahrez for another 1-on-1 but he hit it straight at the keeper. It's little things like that all the time.

Best word I can find for last night’s performance - and the difference from previous showings - was PURPOSEFUL. Everthing he did was bold and positive, with the single-minded aim of creating fear in Chelsea’s defence.

He was determined to get on the scoresheet too and unlucky not to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.